Buying a 90

Exactly what I have decided on now Mo. Changed my mind since i wrote that earlier!

Been talking to Mom and Dad, they are happy to lend me some money for the right one. I also forgot I have money saved for insurance in my Bill account. so the fund is purely Vehicle money!

spotted this one after widening my price brackets...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200938342169026/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/land_rover/model/defender/price-to/6000/radius/200/page/8/postcode/sn78ng?previous=/search/results/usedcars/postcode/sn78ng/radius/200/make/land_rover/model/defender/price-to/6000/sort/priceasc/page/8&logcode=p

Exactly what I have decided on now Mo. Changed my mind since i wrote that earlier!

Been talking to Mom and Dad, they are happy to lend me some money for the right one. I also forgot I have money saved for insurance in my Bill account. so the fund is purely Vehicle money!

spotted this one after widening my price brackets...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200938342169026/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/land_rover/model/defender/price-to/6000/radius/200/page/8/postcode/sn78ng?previous=/search/results/usedcars/postcode/sn78ng/radius/200/make/land_rover/model/defender/price-to/6000/sort/priceasc/page/8&logcode=p

Thats very nice Ross but once again way too expensive for what it is m8, an N reg 90 with a set of freestyles on it. You're into TD5 territory at that sort of money.

Thats very nice Ross but once again way too expensive for what it is m8, an N reg 90 with a set of freestyles on it. You're into TD5 territory at that sort of money.

If it is mint, is it worth that? or most of that?

I would like a Td5, but one most are more than a Tdi, and two the insurance takes a bit more of a jump.

The other one does look mint but hard to tell for sure, it it dear but that's dealers for you and has a lot of miles on it.

Lots of miles yes, but aren't Tdi's good for lots of miles? Does have service history with this one.

there seem to be a few td5 90s in budget, but insurance is about £1k jump roughly from a 300tdi. Working on Moneysupermarket prices for the time being. Although I have had a quote from Adrian flux, from memory it was around the £1600 mark, and for a 1995 HT 90 with snorkel on the listed Mods, LR specific policy with offroad cover and Mods covered Like-for-Like.

Thanks for that Lee :)

There are two I want to have a look at now...

The Metallic Red one:Red One

Bournemouth/Colehill

The White one:

White One

Four Marks, Near Alton

(nudge nudge near you Nige ;))

Any one fancy looking over either of them with me?

Evenings arent really practicle as they are likely to be closed by the time I finish college each day, let alone by the time i've driven down.

I can do this saturday, sunday if need be. The weekend of the 15-17th I'm away.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped this far :)

• 2 weeks later...

Planning on a look at the white 90 sometime soon, just need to find out when they are open.

Possible Spanner in the works Alert!

After re-reading Davids build: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=1351&st=0

I want a 100HT. Am i stupid to be thinking about building one rather than buying a 90?

What's it going to be like? and how long time wise?

You couldn't build a 100" could you? just like your other one but white? :P

It's going to be something similar to the NAS 90's but with a 300 tdi and auto box. I'm hopefully collecting the donor 90 this week so will take a couple of months to strip and rebuild from the chassis up.

I wouldn't mind doing another 100", infact i have a tidy 100" chassis in storage, but the extra cost of IVA and registering it would put a huge dent in the profit from the sale.

Well just bear in mind that if you build one you will have to spend a lot of time/money before you can drive it :P

Oh, and also the IVA and Q-plate might make for more difficulty insuring?

Just a thought :)

The biggest killers of the idea are the time before I can use it, and the space to build. Oh and the fact I have only 2 weeks experience working on Land Rovers!

Probably best left to dreams at the moment? :unsure: