ELEPHANT MUD HOLE CHALLENGE, new, for fun,

bow

please see the posts on the new midland novice challenge topic for more detail,

a new one day event on the 28th Feb, open to all, £75 for the day, includes buffet and prize giving , run by protrax, this is a one day event for fun, a get together, test your truck before the big comps start, limited spaces available, for entry forms please pm me,

all the best,

Bow.. :)

i think you would struggle James, saying that, a lot of it will be about driver and navigator skill and team work, this is not going to be just about who has the biggest/fastest winch, but a winch is always a bonus,

the challenge is based in the corby/ peterborough area, if you know the protrax events you have a good idea what sites we use,

i'l be emailing entry forms and info out from tomorrow eve once i have the final draft sorted,

all the best,

Bow..

yes dan, that would be fine, as long as it has 35" tyres and single motor winches thats the only limits, and a novice driver for the saturday of course :rolleyes:

pm me your email and the entry form will be on its way,

all the best,

bow.. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Any more interest in this,

one day event, just for fun, still have spaces for the expert/open class on the sunday, this is a new event, pm me or contact protrax for more details or entry forms.

all the best,

BOW..

Any more interest in this,

one day event, just for fun, still have spaces for the expert/open class on the sunday, this is a new event, pm me or contact protrax for more details or entry forms.

all the best,

BOW..

Hi,

We spoke at Santa's and was interested in doing both days.

Do you still have spaces in the novice class on the Saturday? and the open class on Sunday?

Thanks

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, sorry i've taken so long to reply, there are places left on both days for any teams that want to do both, winch man driving saturday, pro driving sunday,

spectators are more than welcome at this event as long as you listen to the marshalls,

have fun all,

Bow..

I distinctly remeber you saying you don't need a full uk drivers licence to compete on saturday is this correct?

Im 16 and hold a national B rally licence which proves i can drive :P

Cheers

Alex

Did you have to sit a driving test to get that licence then?

your right alex, as the road sections between the 2 sites are not part of the comp you can enter, if you can persued him to monkey for you :lol::lol::lol: i remember his words at santa's

all the best,

Bow..

Yep i took a BARS test which involved theory and driving a subaru round a stage, i also took a championship test which determined whether we were fit to rally basically, as they dont want any 14-16 year old out on the stages.

Thanks for clearing that up BOW, i'll see if i can convince him ;)

Vince has pretty much told me the same Mark, you are the only one who has entered the sunday event, lots of people asked for the forms, but only you entered, i'm a bit gutted, but times are hard,

see you there,

all the best,

Bow..

I too would like to spectate. Ideally on the novice stages (saturday??) as i want to enter a novice event in the future.

Where is the event being held ? tixover ? can you post a link for more info, times, location etc.

I have never attended one of these events but would like a taster, and a chance to see how things are run.

Cheers Simon

hi Simon, start is 9:30 am, sites being used,

TIXOVER QUARRY....BAROWDEN LANE, NR KETTON, RUTLAND..

YARWELL QUARRY.... OLD SULEHEY ROAD, NR YARWELL, PETERBOROUGH, CAMBS..

Start is on site, Vince is the boss who is organising the event, Protrax is the company,

hope this is of use,

all the best,

Bow..