Discovery and the Snow

MartinK

Brilliant! Not the first time either, as I've owned the Disco since it was new in 2002. However recently replaced the worn-out BFG AT's with Grabber AT2's. The new rubber certainly works a treat in the white stuff. We have about 8" of snow here in the car park, and the Disco chugs straight through, no issue, no drama - whilst all the "normal" cars are struggling to get going.

Yep, certainly great weather for smug Disco owners! :rolleyes:

Brilliant! Not the first time either, as I've owned the Disco since it was new in 2002. However recently replaced the worn-out BFG AT's with Grabber AT2's. The new rubber certainly works a treat in the white stuff. We have about 8" of snow here in the car park, and the Disco chugs straight through, no issue, no drama - whilst all the "normal" cars are struggling to get going.

Yep, certainly great weather for smug Disco owners! :rolleyes:

Thats because modern "normal" cars have low profile tires for wet grip on corners and at high speed, performance is more important than a few days of snow when my Accord could not move.

My neighbour with is RRS did not have the grip I had with my disco's standard Goodyear tyres even with his traction control and a locking rear diff all because of the 19" wheels and that band of rubber.

we have had lots of snow except the disco died on Saturday night, something horrible has occured in the back axle, I had to walk about 2 miles home and the smug smile I had all day was certainly now gone and I was back to cursing those 4x4 drivers swooshing past me in their warm trucks!!!