odyssey or optima

After doing a local club punch hunt this weekend i flattened my battery so was wondering which is better an odyssey or a optima yellow top? i am going to run 1 main battery for everything im running a superwinch ep9 front and tmax 9000lb winch rear, i am also going to have a cheap 2nd battery i.e. 075 or simular to restart the vehicle if i flatten the deep cycle battery

cheers in advance adam

After doing a local club punch hunt this weekend i flattened my battery so was wondering which is better an odyssey or a optima yellow top? i am going to run 1 main battery for everything im running a superwinch ep9 front and tmax 9000lb winch rear, i am also going to have a cheap 2nd battery i.e. 075 or simular to restart the vehicle if i flatten the deep cycle battery

cheers in advance adam

Optima Yellow tops should not be used for winching.

The word around here goes that Optima Yellow Tops are S**t not that good. I had one as an auxiliary battery with a separating relay, and the battery lasted less than a year, with only a very little use. But i really don´t have any experiance of those Odysseys. Probably would buy anything else than Optima for sure... :(

I have a Numax commercial vehicle battery for starting and winch, with a deep cycle Numax which I can jump off for all my vehicle electrics. Both are connected by a modified X-charge circuit and charged by a 125amp alternator. (that is when I finish it all :P)