transfer box

I've had one of their Borg Warner transfer boxes for a few years now, and it's been faultless. Never lost a drop of oil, hardly even darkened it by the last time I changed it! I have given it every opportunity to break, and abused it wherever possible, but it's still pristine.

Never heard a bad word about Ashcrofts. I've had a gearbox from them and it is really nice. Had a problem with engaging reverse gear when hot - turned out to be the plunger which they replaced free of charge and without any hassle at all.

Never heard a bad word about Ashcrofts.

I have, heard quite a few and with a few good reasons, but heard a lot more happy customers. Just wanted to make the point that no-one's perfect :ph34r:

Personally I'd track down a good used one, 1.2:1 ratio boxes aren't exactly rare and LT230's are pretty damn solid. £50-£100 should get you a good one.

ashcroft are the best. they dont just give you a product and off you go. theyll explain about the product to you, and tell you what you can have, and what youll get. im having a auto box conversion for my td5 defender, from them plus a transfer box.

highly recommended.

i use them, they supplied my underdrive, CVs, shafts, man gearbox and T box plus supplied lots of help and advice when i fitted an auto box.

Superb service and can't fault them.

If your doing anything transmission wise then they are the ones to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I have, heard quite a few and with a few good reasons, but heard a lot more happy customers. Just wanted to make the point that no-one's perfect :ph34r:

Personally I'd track down a good used one, 1.2:1 ratio boxes aren't exactly rare and LT230's are pretty damn solid. £50-£100 should get you a good one.

I had to send a diff back as it whined like mad.. They sent me another no quibble. However the pinion seal leaked on that after only 1000 miles. Too much hassle to take it all out again and send back so I just did the seal myself.

Also had a seal go on a recon transfer box of theres as well... Another DIY fix. They don't appear to use genuine parts seals..... And yes the breathers were clear in both cases....

I was probably just unlucky, I've had R380s and LT230s from them before and they have been faultless. I would still use them again though.