Newbie with a Vouge se

JayDeeV8

Hi i thought i would sign up since i got myself a new toy to play with, Am Jay am from the aberdeen area. I will add a picture once i have cleaned it and sorted a few problems. Forgot to add it's a 1992 k plate 3.9 auto. Looking at getting tires, Top tailgate,

Jay,

Welcome!

I too am living in the Aberdeen area and am currently breaking an LSE. I've got a set of good LSE alloys with Goodyear tyres (spare brand new, an excellent pair and a very good pair).

I've also got a very good top tailgate... ;)

Thanks guys for the warm welcome, It needs a fair bit of tlc as it has not been loved for a long time. Need to take the bottom tail-gate off and get that sanded down along with rear arches. Is there any breakers around the aberdeen area or out with,?

Isn't it the bonnet earthing strap? If so the the only things on the bonnet that draw current are the heated washer jets..

That's what I thought - but there is also the under-bonnet inspection light which could well have a faulty switch and hence be on all the time.

Well after having it running today the cable must of touched something metal. Then the lights started flashing so maybe alarm? The bonnet light does go off when it's shut. I have another question my front tires are 205/60 but the back are 235/70 Should the front be the same size as the rear or is it fine to has different sizes? But i will need to sort a fair bit on this thing as the old owner didnt look after it, Cant say much tho it only cost me £450 with T&T

Hi i thought i would sign up since i got myself a new toy to play with, Am Jay am from the aberdeen area. I will add a picture once i have cleaned it and sorted a few problems. Forgot to add it's a 1992 k plate 3.9 auto. Looking at getting tires, Top tailgate,

Ive got a full set of tyres which are more or less brand new, and got a full tailgate (top and bottom) which i need to ged rid of have been lying about in my garage and I could do with the extra space

Well after having it running today the cable must of touched something metal. Then the lights started flashing so maybe alarm? The bonnet light does go off when it's shut. I have another question my front tires are 205/60 but the back are 235/70 Should the front be the same size as the rear or is it fine to has different sizes? But i will need to sort a fair bit on this thing as the old owner didnt look after it, Cant say much tho it only cost me £450 with T&T

Are you sure that you have the numbers around the right way. There is a fair difference between a 235/70 and a 205/60 are should not be ran on the same car. However, there is bugger all difference between a 205/70 and a 235/60 and therefore would be alright to run on the same car.

Hi and welcome JayDeeV8

That is an earth cable which should be attached to the bonnet fixing bolts. The other end is attached to the back of the engine block.

I have fitted it to the bonnet and it's been fine, But now she is off the road with a burst radiator, And maybe a duff water pump. Just hoping that is all that is wrong with it. Wont know till it gets picked up and taken to a garage.

Hi and welcome JayDeeV8

That is an earth cable which should be attached to the bonnet fixing bolts. The other end is attached to the back of the engine block.

I think that earth belongs on the back of the head, the one for the bonnet is on the uther side.

• 2 weeks later...