Engel Fridge DC Power Lead

keithjh

Hi All,

Have a Engel fridge 35L model, anyway i need a new DC power lead as i have placed mine somewhere very safe :ph34r:

Does anybody know where i can get a plug from that i can wire up, i simply refuse to pay £33-50 for one from the dealers thats sodding extorionate for a bl--dy plug with a cig lighter plug on the other end which i would not use anyway, have looked at maplins on line and no joy.

Regards

Keith

could'nt you go here to hire one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ENGEL-PORTABLE-FRIDGE-FREEZER-HIRE-/260486208190?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ca6301abe#ht_539wt_939

And then lose the lead :ph34r: or get one made up to match the one your missing?

Interesting theory but they would then charge me the £33-50 that they charge for a replacement lead

you can make one up using normal female spade connectors and a 12v cigarette lighter plug and lead - just connect the spade connectors directly to the terminals on the fridge - you will need to work out which terminal is pos and neg, can't remember offhand but I've done this before when I forgot the lead on a camping trip. Not sure if the standard lead has a filter/voltage smoothing function, seems to look like it, so maybe only do this if you are using a seperate leisure battery, though I would have thought a fridge motor could handle a few volts in either direction anyway without harm?

you can make one up using normal female spade connectors and a 12v cigarette lighter plug and lead - just connect the spade connectors directly to the terminals on the fridge - you will need to work out which terminal is pos and neg, can't remember offhand but I've done this before when I forgot the lead on a camping trip. Not sure if the standard lead has a filter/voltage smoothing function, seems to look like it, so maybe only do this if you are using a seperate leisure battery, though I would have thought a fridge motor could handle a few volts in either direction anyway without harm?

This is the way i will go if i cannot get a connector, standard lead has no voltage smoothiong function.

Regards

Keith

They have universal "Fridge" leads in halfords for a couple of quid. We had the smae problem, but managed to find mine in the end.

Hth

Thanks will try halfords today as got to go past anyway.

Regards

Keith