Second seat row mod - increase in leg space?

The ballast has issues with leg space. Are there pieces of collective wisdom that could be shared? Every once in a while I get to ride second row... It's not that comfy to be honest, and so I would like to know if there are others out there who have managed to fab a better 2nd row placement.

Had a look at those and as I can recall they are a 3X1 option right? What was your solution to the middle seat? Given that there's a full set of passengers in the 2nd row more often than not (kiddie seats and whatnot), I'd like to have a three-point belt there as well.

Ive put a second row set in from a Renault Scenic II.

Bolted em to existing LR seat frames.

Put a 2x2" bar along the back, and a securon 3point replacement centre belt in.

Each seat has some forward and back movement on its own runners.

http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=44942

Also put Ford KA seats in the front.

Seats%20with%20KA%20fronts.jpg

I used the ExmoorTrim [formerly Trakkers] extension kit along with the original type hi-back seats, gives around 2 inches more leg room & raises the seat back too.

Seconded - I used the extension kit in my old TD5 110. Loads of extra space.

• 9 months later...

:huh:

I used the ExmoorTrim [formerly Trakkers] extension kit along with the original type hi-back seats, gives around 2 inches more leg room & raises the seat back too.

see page 17 of the online catologue for more info

I've become a dad and trying hard to get some space for mum and kid behind my Landy 110 99MY. I am considering using Exmoor trim's extension kit plus purchase all th 3 seats on second row. The seats on the cargo section will be sold to finance (partly) the project. Exmoor's price is around £800 (and an additional £120 p & p plus 28% tax on the product upon arriving in Norway) Way off my budjet.

My question Ralph is can I use the old frame on the second row for fixing the classic (straight up) seat from Exmoor?

:unsure:

RGDS dan

post-7610-0-50465400-1298986063_thumb.jpg

Fabricate a seatbox, or use a secondhand one to mount in place of the current second row seats. Then obtain a used set of front defender seats for not much £ and mount them on the seatbox. FridgeFreezer has done it and i have the seatbox ready to do it when my other cars stop breaking all of the time!

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=53005

I have mounted RRC seats in the front of my 110, so the old front seats are already ready to go in the back!

Fabricate a seatbox, or use a secondhand one to mount in place of the current second row seats. Then obtain a used set of front defender seats for not much £ and mount them on the seatbox. FridgeFreezer has done it and i have the seatbox ready to do it when my other cars stop breaking all of the time!

http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=53005

I have mounted RRC seats in the front of my 110, so the old front seats are already ready to go in the back!

:unsure: That was smart Reb79... Thanks i will persuit this angle then!! Thanks

I've become a dad and trying hard to get some space for mum and kid behind my Landy 110 99MY. I am considering using Exmoor trim's extension kit plus purchase all th 3 seats on second row. The seats on the cargo section will be sold to finance (partly) the project. Exmoor's price is around £800 (and an additional £120 p & p plus 28% tax on the product upon arriving in Norway) Way off my budjet.

My question Ralph is can I use the old frame on the second row for fixing the classic (straight up) seat from Exmoor?

RGDS dan

my rear seats are the 3 individual type, not the 60/40 split seat that you have, I don't know if the other type will fit your existing seat frame.

RGDS dan

I have a cargo barrier so I can't move the seats back any more ith the kid seat .

Here is mine . Now have two in there these days

cargo3.jpg

cargo.jpg