New Range Rover Unveiled!

Lando

I think what he means is that very few of us here are queueing up with £35k in our pockets to buy a new Range Rover, X5, Cayenne, etc. and hence all the bitching about it is a little pointless. The new Mini's not much cop off road but no-one's having a dig at them.

Personally I quite like it, and I guess they're revisiting the original "Vogue" concept that, let's remember, sold quite a lot of Range Rovers in the 1980's which have since cropped up for £500 with a set of mud terrains on at your local play day.

I think we need to remember that this "car" is designed and aimed at some other market, rather than us/the Series/defender/modded landy crowd.

Land Rover has to compete within an area of the market where there is potential to sell to the masses. As a second car, personally I think it looks fine, and looks as good as the X3. Lets wait and see what the defender replacement looks like, and see if that appeals to our sense of................

Hopefully these will be a good seller for land rover as with the new co2 targets that are being set by the eu there will be penalties for companies making gas guzzlers. A 120g co2 vehicle is a step in the right direction in allowing them to also produce some thirsty motors. 2wd is a key point in the low emissions and I imagine the majority will sold without 4wd.

I don't know much about the emission thing set by the EU. Does this mean that if a company made a thousand Gee-wiz thingies for the green numpties, does that mean the same company can go and make a thousand fuel drinking smoke making monster trucks? :)

The new Mini's not much cop off road but no-one's having a dig at them.

Funny you should mention that as the Evurrrrrgh looks like the offspring of a nocturnal mating ritual between a New Mini and a Freelander :D:ph34r: