Organising Trip to France - lanes and offroad site !!

CBolton

Hi all, after helping marshall 2 days of events in France for the Help For Heroes 4x4 european rally , 1 day lanes and 1 day off road course..

I wanted to organise a proper trip out there, a friends father owns a 30 acre off road course and has 1000km of lanes on his books !

This is just a heads up post to get some idea how many people might be interested , it would be a long weekend in Early/Mid September

The site itself offers superb views and offroading for most levels up to a full stream rock crawl challenge through the site. Marshalls would be on hand to help anyone out.

There are lanes for everyone from M25 lanes to winch through challenges so different groups could be catered for during the day.

I will post some pics to give an idea of the site but check out my album here http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/caprifan2/HFH%20-%20Normandy/ for more pics......note the lanes in the pics are the M25 lanes :wink:

To give an idea of the site......bare in mind it was dry when I was there..it gets much worse with some rain :wink:

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02434.jpg

DSC02455.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

DSC02563.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

If you want to see more about where we are going see

http://www.fwdfwd.com/

..if you want to see about the H4H rally see here

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/4x4_european_challenge_rally.html

http://www.h4hrally.co.uk/

so if your interested please post.....I am gathering all the pricing info at the moment...

Chris,

Pending the dates, I would definitly be interested - september is filling up fast though! ;)

Mr Orange is in France at the minute, but when I mentioned it to him, he was also keen to be involved.

Cheers

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Right time to get some details up and get some definites down for the trip.

We are looking at the weekend of 16/17th October, gives everyone plenty of time to organise time off money whatever.

The cost of the ferry will be approx £170 for Portsmouth to Le Havre or £225 Portsmouth to Caen, difference being longer drive to the site from Le Havre

There will be a special price of £60 a car for the Laning tour and use of the offroad site for the weekend

So loads of time to get organised, any questions please ask, we really want to start getting some definite names down so we know if we can go ahead with this.

thanks

Right time to get some details up and get some definites down for the trip.

We are looking at the weekend of 16/17th October, gives everyone plenty of time to organise time off money whatever.

The cost of the ferry will be approx £170 for Portsmouth to Le Havre or £225 Portsmouth to Caen, difference being longer drive to the site from Le Havre

There will be a special price of £60 a car for the Laning tour and use of the offroad site for the weekend

So loads of time to get organised, any questions please ask, we really want to start getting some definite names down so we know if we can go ahead with this.

thanks

what's the accomodation arrangements?

• 1 month later...

Update..........

Proper lack of intrest for this, i understand that the ferry is proper dear, but the trip will still go ahead, I will be posting the dates that i will be leaving and if you anyone wants to come along they can meet me at the port..........

Il be doing a days laning and a day on the off road site, if camping on the land its free, the site for a day is 30euro's and to tag along with the laning its 20............

Have to cover the cost of road books and site maintenance.

Pm or email me on birdmartin@hotmail.com should you require anymore info!

A special offroad site is http://domainedumarquenterre.com/index.php/fr

This is a 1000 hectare beautifull private terrain that is open for 4x4 groups with a guide.

There are some steep sandy hills but there is always an alternative. Ideal terrain for beginners or to go with the wife. Lots of campings around also

Some impressions:

Mar_2010_1.JPG

Marcanterra_Sep_2008_048.jpg

Marcanterra_Sep_2008_110.jpg

Marcanterra_Sep_2008_126.jpg

Marcanterra_Sep_2008_152.jpg

A special offroad site is http://domainedumarq...om/index.php/fr

This is a 1000 hectare beautifull private terrain that is open for 4x4 groups with a guide.

There are some steep sandy hills but there is always an alternative. Ideal terrain for beginners or to go with the wife. Lots of campings around also

Hi Henk

Marquenterre is very special. :) I have been every year for about the last 12/14 years - in fact, I think 1997 was my first trip along with SimonR. In the early years we were able to camp in the parc too, but now use l'Espace Vert.

Perhaps we just get a 'special' rate for being English, but the €100/day is a little steep! It seems to have risen sharply in the last few years, partly due to price rises and partly as the value of the Pound has taken a dive against the Euro.

Cheers

Chris

but the €100/day is a little steep!

Afaik it changed owner some years ago.

The last 3 years it was 135€ for a day, what is steep but with the money the rest of the domaine is maintained and it's the ideal site to test my Series against new Defenders and Disco's and to beat them :D

Hi Henk

Marquenterre is very special. :) I have been every year for about the last 12/14 years - in fact, I think 1997 was my first trip along with SimonR. In the early years we were able to camp in the parc too, but now use l'Espace Vert.

Perhaps we just get a 'special' rate for being English, but the €100/day is a little steep! It seems to have risen sharply in the last few years, partly due to price rises and partly as the value of the Pound has taken a dive against the Euro.

Cheers

Chris

It this where all the sand under my 110 came from Chris? :P

Afaik it changed owner some years ago.

The last 3 years it was 135€ for a day, what is steep but with the money the rest of the domaine is maintained and it's the ideal site to test my Series against new Defenders and Disco's and to beat them :D

Perhaps it is UKP100 then, not €100! Even worse!

It this where all the sand under my 110 came from Chris? :P

Yup! We got back the Sunday evening before I came to you on the Tuesday. :) Lovely fine sand isn't it?

Your 110 at Parc du Marquenterre back in 2001:

post-209-003198600 1284034492_thumb.jpg

Chris