Waxoil

Gromit

As I'm getting through all the mechanical stuff, thoughts turn to waxoiling the 110. I looked about Hanfords at their presurisable drum and spraying kit.

Is one drum enough for a 110? How's the spraying kit? any tips? I know it's wise to heat it before use and lock the cat up. :lol:

Cheers,

i agree with 'im, and in fact had this very conversation with 'im today... buy 5 litres and see how it goes, you'll probably need to thin it down a little with white spirit anyway.... 5 litres did my 110 ok....

....wait for the inevitable reply from a certain individual though...... who i'm sure insists he uses 30 litres on a 110....

G,

As above, start with 5 litres. I ended up with about 10 litres on the Disco.

Be prepared to get minging with the stuff... Don't do it over a prized driveway without a tarpaulin or something like that to catch drips because they soak into lockblok and are impossible to remove.

Do not heat with a flame or gas hob. Safest to soak in a bucket of boiling water and shake it about a bit / change the water until it is runny.

I wear disposable overalls and latex gloves.

Don't spray waxoyl anywhere that your missus might rub against, use the stonechip for that (it goes hard).

How's the spraying kit? any tips? I know it's wise to heat it before use and lock the cat up.

Don't use a naked flame, like wot I did or you'll end up with no eyebrows, a spectacular rocket and a black oily garage ceiling!

Oh yes, I got through about 8 or so litres on the 90. Still cleaning up the mess 6 months down the line.

My tip - do it some where other than your property. :lol:

Just a thought.

Check out Morris Lubricants 'Ankor Wax.' In my opinion it's a far better product than Waxoyl, you seem to get a thicker more resilient coating that dries quickly. I've been using it for a while now and am very pleased.