Finished Our Trip Around Australia

reads90

Ok we have just got back to Brisbane and finished our trip around Australia. we did 36,260 K's (22662 miles)

Of which 10,000 was on tracks ( with corrications), and 4,500 was on bad (and i mean bad ) off road tracks

See below where we have been , the red is where we have been

aus_21.jpg

And i love my truck becasue , after towing a ton and a half trailer for all this 36,000k's she did not miss a beat, even after the carp i gave it.

All the way around Aus the only things to go wrong with it were.

1 wheel bearing

Feul trank sprung a leak. Usual rust problem with the 90's tank. After all it was the original tank.But got it welded in Alice springs and it has lasted ever since

1 inner wheel bearing seal (Front)

Broken Gearbox Mount (done by corrications) Ddid not notice untill was back in Brisbane and got it checked out by work and they pointed it out

1 Punture in the trailer trye

1 Punture in the car tyre

1 Buckled alloy

The tracks bring up the stones and polish the uj and prop quite nicely

prop.jpg

And my new (well they were when i started) shocks look like they have been shot blasted as well. This its the paint that has come off from the stones and not dirt on the shocks

shocks.jpg

But with tracks like this are you siurprised the amount of carp it got

This is the track up to the cape (this is one of the many creek crossing. Go here to see the Video of this crossingDownload Video

Crossing%20at%20Cape.jpg

And at the top of Cape York after 700 K's of crappy roads

at%20the%20top.jpg

And my favoruite pic of ayres rock

ayres%20rock.jpg

Funny things that happened on the way around. meet some lovely peopl and all the Landy owners that i meat were great.

Can't remeber how many times i was asked if the 90 was a jeep. The reply that came back from me was usaully. "Thats fighting talk that is"

A chap at the top of the Cape. At Bramwell Junction to be exact. was talking to me about his toyota and its split rad. The rad had disintagrated from the corriactions. He told me he had to wait a week for the part to be sent to the nearest town Cairns and then flown to Weipa where it would have to some how make the 200 mile trip to him . We were at this point about 200 m from any one that could help him. He then asked me what truck i had and i told him a Land Rover. He then went on it to a rant about how he would never bring one of those up to the cape and i must be mad driving around Aus in one of those. (tipical Toyota person) . It was then that i pointed out that i was not the person that was stuck in the middle of no where with a broken rad. He then walked off

The one thing to get back at Toyota drivers is to point out that all of Aus tracks. The famous ones and hard ones. Were created by a chap called Len Beadall. In a series 2 88 Land Rover. This always does the trick

Congrats - I hope it was as good as you had hoped - it certainly looked good from the piccies

Looking forward to hearing more tall tales when you are back in Blighty.

Keep that trailer nice'n'safe - I'll have a borrow of that when I eventually get over with the family.

Congrats - I hope it was as good as you had hoped - it certainly looked good from the piccies

Looking forward to hearing more tall tales when you are back in Blighty.

Keep that trailer nice'n'safe - I'll have a borrow of that when I eventually get over with the family.

Oh yeah got lots more vids and pics. was a great trip and can't speak highly enough about the 90. she did very very well. as we really put it though it.

We are going to keep the trailer as it will be usefull for trips to curser park and the putback challenge. amost other things

See you next week when i am back in Blighty.

Do you still want me to do a thing for the club

Glad you had fun, Ali. I can't wait to see piccys. See, 300 Tdi's aren't all bad :D

When are you actually back?

P.S. Does Sue know the 90 is now yours? :lol:;)

We get back on Tuesday next week.

mm not really but more importantly she does not know i am going to make it into a winch challenge truck yet :lol:

We get back on Tuesday next week.

mm not really but more importantly she does not know i am going to make it into a winch challenge truck yet :lol:

I thought you might. :D

I guess I'll see you at the club social in a couple of weeks but if you're in my neck of the woods, feel free to drop by.