Laning in the lake district

Excellent photos Dan ! and a really really enjoyable day. I didn't get too many pictures :

Our second lunch stop ...

470d6e20.jpg

But with a view like this .... who wouldn't have a 2nd lunch...

3efda997.jpg

4687ca90.jpg

Last lane of the day - 6pm and like a summers afternoon. The weather was so kind after its dull start.

9906e253.jpg

28c80931.jpg

Bit blurry I'm afraid ...

3c22d549.jpg

Dan not fitting on a small bridge...

48928e02.jpg

I'm editing together some clips and will post them up later on.

It was a pleasure to meet you though Dan and I hope we can do it again before long :)

Dan had asked me to show him round at the beginning of the year I think, and it kept getting postponed, so it was good to finally do it.

If a few people wanted to make a trip up later in the year I'd gladly show them round ...?

Thanks Ross!

It took ages to upload - and now I've noticed bits of editing I don't like .... I uploaded it once before, but re did it to try and make it more watchable !

That said it you turn it to HD and settle down with a brew its not too bad :)

Great video, slightly odd sound track. Took me ages to figure out the train noises at the start!!

I'm really supprised at the quality of the video and how liitle camera shake there is. does it record in hd or did you have to upscale it?

could you post a link to the cammera and mount?

Well great video apart from the spelling mistake at the beginning ;)

Agghh!! - that's what happens when you're tired ..... I might have to re upload that....

Great video, slightly odd sound track. Took me ages to figure out the train noises at the start!!

I'm really supprised at the quality of the video and how liitle camera shake there is. does it record in hd or did you have to upscale it?

could you post a link to the cammera and mount?

It is an odd sound track - there is a less edited version of it with no soundtrack, let me know if you want the link. I put the soundtrack on though because 20 minutes with only the video and sound of an engine on tick over seemed a bit much.

The video shoots in HD. In fact that's shot at 720 - but it will shoot at 1080p. It will also shoot at 720 at 60fps - so you can slow it down for high quality slow motion shots. Not really appropriate for crawling on lanes though.

I've a fair bit to learn about using it yet - I think I might try it with the brightness set higher next time. The clips from the POV camera are darker than those I took with my phone.

If you have a HD TV the quality on a bigger screen looks excellent!

This is the one I have - and its just come down a lot in price because a new model is now out.

This is the mount.

What lanes were they, me and my mate would like to try some up there but not sure where to even start ... first run so hopefully nothing to hard :D:D

Any advice would be cool, got a 90 and 100 going out :)

What lanes were they, me and my mate would like to try some up there but not sure where to even start ... first run so hopefully nothing to hard :D:D

Any advice would be cool, got a 90 and 100 going out :)

We used the Cumbria councils website,

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/public-transport-road-safety/countryside-access/Definitive_Map/Definitive_Map.asp

also the national park has a downloadable pdf with all the UCRs etc

weather can make a lot of difference because of the amount of rocks it can be like driving on ice when raining