CAD Software

Good Afternoon All,

Thought this would be the appropriate place to post it as its a tool and will be used for LR stuff!

I am looking for a single license copy of Catia V5 preferably, as this is what I know. Solidworks would be good too.

Really struggling to even find any prices, but I fear that even if I do they are only going to be silly money commercial ones.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where is best to look for a single license?

Thanks in advance :).

Good Afternoon All,

Thought this would be the appropriate place to post it as its a tool and will be used for LR stuff!

I am looking for a single license copy of Catia V5 preferably, as this is what I know. Solidworks would be good too.

Really struggling to even find any prices, but I fear that even if I do they are only going to be silly money commercial ones.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where is best to look for a single license?

Thanks in advance :).

Unless you can wangle a student copy of Solidworks it's gonna be ££££ :(

I realise that this may not be helpful to Ross, but if you need 2D CAD solidworks- DraftSight is a free download of software similar to Autocad, but seems to be very competant if you only need 2D requirements.

I think DraftSight is the latest name for what was previously DWG Editor.

do you really need a licence ? Plenty of cracked versions out there for the odd personal (illegal) use.

If its for your office/bsuiness of course thats another story.

I do know you can get solidworks for free via training courses etc. I could probalby get you a full licence for a slightly older version for some ££. Might be the most recent, i don;t know.

Catia i cannot help with, other than cracked.

If you have access to a .ac.uk address then you can get full copies of all of Autodesk's software for free. Favourite one is Inventor so far.

only a 13 month licence tho'. It would be ok if you wanted to have a good look at it before spending £?k on the full version.

I think i will stick with buying the Alibre PE later in the year for £89. If I need the pro version it's £430 ish maybe a bit off with an upgrade?