Stainless steel Defender door hinges

I agree there is a weight saving, but what makes you think they won't rot too?

Nigel

Before I bought this, I changed door hinges for over 8 times... it is over now. Sorry for spending so much on the truck :huh: Each man has his taste!!

there's no doubt about how good they look,or how well they're made,but I bought a cheap set a couple of years ago and they don't weep or sag either...nor have they started rusting.Not my place to question your expenses...you must have a very understanding missus though :lol:

Now that I have sold my 300 TDI with rusting hinges I don't need new hinges(the TD5 has sound ones) however, I did notice that Paddocks sell Aluminium hinges - any good or will they wear and sag even quicker than steel hinges??!!!

there's no doubt about how good they look,or how well they're made,but I bought a cheap set a couple of years ago and they don't weep or sag either...nor have they started rusting.Not my place to question your expenses...you must have a very understanding missus though :lol:

laugh.gifMiss (landywoman) simply smiles when I get parts arriving. There is the feeling of a miser here huh.gif...... Give the landy some luv )= tongue.gif

BTW are you from Scotland? smile.gif

:unsure: I doubt that!!! :lol:

well,in the last 10 months I've put in a new engine,g/box,clutch,rebuilt t/box,x-member,military front bumper,shocks,springs,front doors,footwells,steering box,steering pump,rad,water pump,timing belt,steering damper,exhaust,lights front and rear,vdo gauges,polybushes all round,rebuilt the front calipers,new brake pipes,half-shafts,swivel balls,brake servo,master cylinder,silicon turbo hoses,bigger wheels and tyres and a-frame balljoint is in the post.Once I've repainted and waxoyled the chassis,I've only got the bodywork to paint,new seats to put in and finally get my cubby box and recently bought nato hitch bolted in!Pretty pampered imho ;)

well,in the last 10 months I've put in a new engine,g/box,clutch,rebuilt t/box,x-member,military front bumper,shocks,springs,front doors,footwells,steering box,steering pump,rad,water pump,timing belt,steering damper,exhaust,lights front and rear,vdo gauges,polybushes all round,rebuilt the front calipers,new brake pipes,half-shafts,swivel balls,brake servo,master cylinder,silicon turbo hoses,bigger wheels and tyres and a-frame balljoint is in the post.Once I've repainted and waxoyled the chassis,I've only got the bodywork to paint,new seats to put in and finally get my cubby box and recently bought nato hitch bolted in!Pretty pampered imho ;)

Hat down :huh: . Bowing to your deeds!!! You have nearly spent more than me. Why did you not buy a newer model rather than spending all these time and cash??

I had the budget for a newer one,but I plumped for my present one as the chassis was/is as new;that and the fact that Td5 electrics scared me off!So now I have a much better 110 than the one that was at the top end of my budget,for considerably less money.I don't mind spending a bit of time/money on it,everything just bolts on and off anyway really ;)

Fitting some new hinges tomorrow. Hopefully she will be able to close the door from now on........:P

I should try it on the fridge...she never closes that. Just stands there looking like its a TV.:ph34r: