defenderless

hello people.

right. i have done somthing today that i never wanted to do.. but had to and sold my 90 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

was ablittle disheartning when i handed the keys over..

but im now hoping to get hold of a little series project in a years so time

My sympathies. When I sold my 300tdi I shed a tear as it disappeared into the distance.

I'd had the truck 7 years and had been to a lot of places and done a lot of lanes in that Defender.

I did have a replacement Defender already lined up though!!! I still miss the old beast now and then, but I am over the moon with the TD5.

I was gutted when I had to sell my 08 110 to buy a commuting car, but I convinced myself that financially it was the right thing to do.

Four months later and I have a commuting car and a cheaper 90 to play in! :D

You'll come back to the fold soon enough fella

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i know.. im covering 400miles a week if not more now.. but that wasnt doing my knees anygood and my bank didnt have alot init after working 45 hour weeks..

and it was getting to the point that i really couldnt stomach spending another £300 on getting it though another mot and another 6months tax lol..

i was pleased with the price i got for it.. £1500 cash.. k-reg 200tdi with 230400 miles on clock lol

but like i said before im hoping to get another one.. it just wont be my everyday car. lol

I think the Land Rover thing is just something in your blood if you 'get it' (why you would drive something with so many know faults etc) and not just buy yourself a faceless eurobox then you will find a way of getting another one.

I was gutted when I sold my first Landy a very original soft top series 2 but had little choice at the time as was posted overseas and had no where to keep it, when I returned to the UK I had several faceless cars but non of them lasted very long as I just was not happy with them, I then brought a 110 which I kept for 5 years again family and another overseas posting meant that it had to go and the new Freelander purchased over there didn't help although Mrs S loved it.

Over the past few years I have dipped in and out of ownership currently owning 3 oval badged products but keep getting dragged back, I really need to sell my Series one as I just don't get time to use it, and it just sits there covered up, but just can't bring myself to sell it I am hoping that one of the kids will take it on when they are old enough but that's at least 5 years away so it may have to go before then.

Jason.

I think the Land Rover thing is just something in your blood if you 'get it' (why you would drive something with so many know faults etc) and not just buy yourself a faceless eurobox then you will find a way of getting another one.

I was gutted when I sold my first Landy a very original soft top series 2 but had little choice at the time as was posted overseas and had no where to keep it, when I returned to the UK I had several faceless cars but non of them lasted very long as I just was not happy with them, I then brought a 110 which I kept for 5 years again family and another overseas posting meant that it had to go and the new Freelander purchased over there didn't help although Mrs S loved it.

Over the past few years I have dipped in and out of ownership currently owning 3 oval badged products but keep getting dragged back, I really need to sell my Series one as I just don't get time to use it, and it just sits there covered up, but just can't bring myself to sell it I am hoping that one of the kids will take it on when they are old enough but that's at least 5 years away so it may have to go before then.

Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

Feel for you - I sold my 07 Puma 110 in 2008 to buy a house (well help with the deposit) and ran a Golf. I missed it a lot, even when the Golf was replaced with the 90TR.

Recently got a new 110 though so just go to show you can get back to Defender ownership.