Interesting

What does he mean by the new DVLA ruling? He says is the same cost as any other Land Rover, so surely he must have been paying the same before.

Still, looks pretty cool. Seen a few 110 bobtails that look funny, but that one doesn't.

that looks different - kind of like a confused 90, can't make it's mind up between the two.

surely that would give the golden 100" wheel base too??

like it though.

Well, if its a bobtail 110, isn't it still a 110" chassis, just without the overhang at the back? In which case it'll still turn like a bus. Maybe I "just don't get it", but all these modified vehicles that pop up on eBay just look wrong to me! :o

Scott

"What does he mean by the new DVLA ruling? He says is the same cost as any other Land Rover, so surely he must have been paying the same before."

You can no longer keep a vehicle unless it is either Insured or SORN'ed. If you own more than one vehicle it means paying insurance on them all. You can't just own it, and insure it on a day to day basis as lots of classic car owners like(d) to do. I have an MOT'ed series parked in my garden that I'd love to be driving around topless this summer on a day to day insurance basis but I'd have to un -SORN it first, not worth the hassle. And I dont want to pay to insure it, and the Defender as well. DVLA website has all the info..

Have be watching that on ebay.

Gf's Dad is builiding 100" Defender with a 6.2GMC V8. Matt black e.t.c.

Were interested to see how much this sells for! Hoping it will give us a rough guide price on what his will be worth when its finished! :lol:

bobtails do not affect the wheelbase, they simply trim off rear overhang.

Regarding the DVLA, I am wondering if he's been caught out and can't get it taxed until he presents an SVA certificate..........:ph34r: