Challenge Event Helmets

Hi i need to buy two helemts for challenge events where is the best place to go and buy them..

I suppose my criteria is:

1)safe

2)not going to go out of date next year etc

3)light weight so it does not feel like i need a neck brace as well :)

4)reasonable price

5) can take comms when i add them in the future

Can someone advise, saves me calling hundreds of places for a good price etc.

thanks in advance

Hi Will

I've just bought one of these

HedTec

Arrived today, seems well made and is Snell2010 so latest approval, should be good for the 5 years recommended for replacing anyway.

I don't think you'll get anything much cheaper, I couldn't find anything anyway.

Hi Will

I've just bought one of these

HedTec

Arrived today, seems well made and is Snell2010 so latest approval, should be good for the 5 years recommended for replacing anyway.

I don't think you'll get anything much cheaper, I couldn't find anything anyway.

You competing in something?! Or is this for the quad?

We got a pair of peltor's with intercom.

Very comfortable, but make sure you get the right size !

Remember - if you'r using it offroad, it's going to get scratched and a bit battered. So don't go too silly on money for this reason.

Regards

Gordon

Whitbread do the HedTec one's. Got mine from there, superb delivery and very comfy, Bar a little hot this Sunday at LRS!!!

James

The MSA currently do no helmets for Challenge permitted events, only Speed and "i think team recovery" permitted events. Always Check the event Sr's.If lightwaight is a requirement how about a rockclimbing helmet or similar ??.

Hi i need to buy two helemts for challenge events where is the best place to go and buy them..

I suppose my criteria is:

1)safe

2)not going to go out of date next year etc

3)light weight so it does not feel like i need a neck brace as well :)

4)reasonable price

5) can take comms when i add them in the future

Can someone advise, saves me calling hundreds of places for a good price etc.

thanks in advance

hi mate its mark the best one to go for is a snell 2005 or the newest one is 2010 the red label bs6658-85 type a/fr runs out in 2016 some motorbike shops or diemon tweeks

I bought a HEADTEC from Whitbread Off Road for my 15 year old son who winch man ed me at the Mike Wolf last year - very light, took a comms unit no problem

I have competed in many stage rally events, Comp Safaris and other timed events where helmet is mandatory - it is in the rules so you get one - I have a SPARCO Red label helmet that has lasted me 10 years and is still in date - just recently I started doing challenge events as a winch man and also as a driver - helmet keeps you warm and cool, holds the comms unit and is very good for charging thru bracken and tree branches without getting your head and face cut to ribbons - it also saves your head from the inevitable head - Cage strike!!!

I would get a HEADTEC for price and comfort and I would wear a helmut even though MSA currently do not specify a helmet - soon they will!!!

Chris Bowler