Seats

pugwash

trawling round the internet looking for some seats for the car-

must have provision for 4/5 point harness

must be very comfy- and wide for a lardy arse like me

eaasy to get in and out of (again for a lardy arse like me)

must be reasonably priced- don't want to spend more than £300 for a pair (which rules out just about all of them!)

so has anyone come across these american seats which really look like the doggies danglies PRP Offroad racing seats

US guys on pirate 4x4 seem to love em- anyone ever seen a set?

yeah not quite soft enough for me- these look more armchair like.

anyway i'm never going to fit my arse in a bucket seat- not even if i spread the seat with a hi-lift- your lardy enough and look how many problems you have- i never see you get out once your in :P :P :D

got to B&Q, pick up a tin or two fo the expanding foam cavity filler stuff and put a black bin bag inside a seat cover from a metro or other car. Fiull bin bag with squirty stuff and then sit in it. custom fit seat for a fiver to hug your bum. :rolleyes:

Just get a normal bucket seat fitted

The Dakar seats were fitted to the old owner which as I am a stone or so over weight :blush: they are very comftable you will be suprised how easy it is to have done but you will need to go the the UK office to be mesured but even the cheap seat come in all shapes and sizes.

Just get a normal bucket seat fitted

The Dakar seats were fitted to the old owner which as I am a stone or so over weight :blush: they are very comftable you will be suprised how easy it is to have done but you will need to go the the UK office to be mesured but even the cheap seat come in all shapes and sizes.

Hey Jules- i would indeed have to get some custom made in the UK- as the two comedians above have so kindly pointed out i'm not the most svelte of people (What both Tim and James said have a grain of trunt- last time i tried tim seats i alsmot did get wedged in!)- at last measure i was 6foot 1 and 24 stone so not a small boy by any means.

i don't know anything about these dakar seats- can you give me some info? supplier? manufacturer etc etc

cheers

Jim

Hey Jules- i would indeed have to get some custom made in the UK- as the two comedians above have so kindly pointed out i'm not the most svelte of people (What both Tim and James said have a grain of trunt- last time i tried tim seats i alsmot did get wedged in!)- at last measure i was 6foot 1 and 24 stone so not a small boy by any means.

i don't know anything about these dakar seats- can you give me some info? supplier? manufacturer etc etc

cheers

Jim

how about two seats side by side. One for each buttock :)

does my bum look big in this?

actually i was looking at seat dimensions from one of the aforementioned suppliers, and notices that one of the seats had a width across the bottom of 30"- f**k me thought i, that's just about right for me. Then checked the model and found it was a bench seat- DOH!

must remember not to bring Doughnuts to next off roading bash!

Hi Jim as you know I’m another lardy arse & Tim’s seat in the Hybrid are a Snug fit but comfortable unlike the ones he had in the orange bobtail now they were painful!!

I had no problems getting out into the drink at 7sisters as you know. Also Tim has no problems with the seat as he uses a Cushion :P , maybe a height problem ;) ( Sorry mate)

Also Tim has no problems with the seat as he uses a Cushion :P , maybe a height problem ;) ( Sorry mate)

Wrong, not a height problem,, not enought padding in my lower regions.. and no it not a cushion !! if you really want to know,, is a boat fender sock!!