Nas 90 roll cage

Tom1809

Ok chaps, for my project I would like a nas spec roll cage and soft top to finish it off. I really like the look of the original design with the foam padding. Short of buying a oe from the states I'm left with imitation ones, none which seem to work with the padding and look flimsy (if you know what I mean). I have been in contact with safety devices which are bloody hopeless and performance and protection regarding there cages. The problem with the p&p cage is they only supply it powder coated and full constructed however will change the front hoop to allow for challenge wings, my gripe is I would be paying out £1k + for it and it won't be to my spec so, I was wondering if anyone would be able to put me I contact with some one is east anglia who would be able to build a cage for me and to the spec I want so I can fit the foam and also have it bare metal cause I can see if I caught it on a tree and pulled the powder coating off then touching it up with paint will look horrid. Also want to build in a few other things into the cage design for roof consol.

Cheers Tom

Try giving Malcolm Whitbread a call http://www.whitbread-offroad.co.uk/ he's not local to you but he built a bespoke internal cage for me with removable stays and a part external that allowed me to have either a softtop or hardtop. It was well worth the drive to have it made and fitted.

Excellent quality and great customer service, it's certainly worth a phone call to see if he can help.

The svx cages are not what I want if I'm honest plus as you can see bloody expensive. Also cheers guys for suggesting malcom but he really is a little to far away from me, plus I need the cage to build my wings into driving over there to get it fitted is impossible. I think I may go down the route of building my cage my self and get a jd2 or pro tools 105 bender and that way I can almost fabricate everything I need for the build. Just need to find a local nas 90 rover to take some mesurments of the cage for, or I build the cage and get a hood made to fit.

If you buy a bender - and it's been liberating for me (I have a JD2 and it's fantastic, at least since I converted it to Hydraulic) - get a copy of BendTech too. It will pay for itself in the amount of tube you don't waste!

Si

Cheers for the heads up Simon, I think I may go down the route cause there is so much I can make with a decent bender and set of dies, next on the list would be a decent pipe notcher but I need to give you a ring soon and see if you can help me with a design of something.

There is a thread on the T&F forum about notchers. I wound up buying a Baileigh notcher on eBay along with fine tooth hole saws and it's better than fantastic! It was a lot more expensive than the Chinese variety I had before but if you're going to be doing a few, I think worth it.

It's one of these: http://www.bifabuk.co.uk/notchers/hole-saw-notcher-tn250H.php

Si

Cheers si I was looking at the £70 quid options but really thinking about it, when it comes to tools and quality you really get what you pay for and it with a decent mandrel bender and hole saw I can build something of good quality, at least that what I hope