which tyres

animal

Im after some tyres 35x10.50x16 now I have looked around and found the following

Silverstone et 35x10.50x16 = 33"

fedima = 36.5" to Big

insa turbo special track 33.5"

Simex £££

Maxxis mudzilla 35x13.50x16 now my mate says that these are to wide and will not dig plus my 200tdi (tweaked) will now be powerful enough when aired down to go up the steep climbs etc.

Has anybody used maxxis in anger?

Thanks Marc

I use Maxxis Creepy Crawlers (37x12.50 r16), very pleased with them. Don't air them down or anything, and done a fair few thousand road miles with them too. The sidewall tread works well.

Don't see how the width would relate to your truck not being able to drive up a hill :huh:

I use Maxxis Creepy Crawlers (37x12.50 r16), very pleased with them. Don't air them down or anything, and done a fair few thousand road miles with them too. The sidewall tread works well.

Don't see how the width would relate to your truck not being able to drive up a hill :huh:

Unfortunatley those are no longer available..... not allowed to be sold in the EU due to it not being 'Silent' and all.. Same with Swampers and Simex....

To the OP, better look what's actually available at the moment!

I'm strugling to find any 37" Bias ply tires.. There's not much out there.. I might just be 'stuck' with 37" KM2's

The Maxxis Mudzilla is more or less a copy of the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw (with a different center section). The Baja Claw is a great tyre, I've used them in 33" radial, 33" bias and 37" bias. When aired down, they do require some power when you hit the boggy stuff to keep the thread clear. My standard TD5 could just cope with the 37", but only just.

@Toyrover, I have a set of Competition Claws for sale, 37x13x17, on Predator rims with Staun beadlocks.

thanks. so what's going to be the answer are we all to run on AT :angry2: WHAT is going on in this Country!!! so does this mean that we will all have to have two sets of tyres and swap over on site, if so I might as well get some dumper type tyres or will these disturb the sleeping wild life. I don't know you go to work all week pay every tax known to man and then you still can't enjoy yourself as you might make to much noise! How come druggies, thieves and the like never get hassled like normal people, its not the Taliban we need to worry about but the enemy within.... :ph34r::( Rant over

Marc

Oh I'm so glad I migrated to Oz in 1970 !!! No such regulations here, if its got 3mm of tred its legal, I run Cooper ATT Discoverer 225/75/R16 on my Disco and they just dont let go under 90% of the conditions I drive under, the tyre pressures I use range from 32F/36R for flatish fast outback dirt roads to 20F/28R for driving on sandy beaches and 18F/26R for very rocky steel hills.

Come on out and have a visit -- take in the Commonwealth Games whi;le you're at it :D