An ebay advert txt........... lr content!!

Disco-Ron

So, there's a land rover for sale on Ebay, well, lots, but this one caught mny eye for some reason..... i won;t post the link so as not to promote it, but here's the text from the ad....

Last summer it has had over £3,000 worth of work carried out by ********* Landrover (name removed so as not to 'knock' anyone) . This included new gear box, new clutch, new discs and pads, new wheel barings etc. Berkshire Landrover carried out a health check on the vehicle and it passed it MOT. name removed.. Landrover has given the following advisory items to be completed in the future; engine breather pipe and rocket gasket (costs £75), new alternator belt (£75), tighten drivers door lock (£35), wheel balance (£68), wheel alignment (£68), near side indicator stork needs repairing. Everything else mechanical passed their health test and the MOT. It was last serviced when I bought the vehicle, 18 months ago so I guess it is now due a service. I have loads of reciepts and paperwork but I do not seem to have a service history booklet. I have all the Berkshire Landrover documents/receipts. The vehicle has a little rust as shown in the pictures. The near side front light grill has a little rust, the front A bar has rust bubbling under the black paint and the rear bumper has some rust bubbling under the paint (all shown in the pictures). There is a tiny amount of rust on the rear door (near the handle) and near the rear CB ariel. Please ask for more pictures if needed. It has two sets of keys. It has lived in Kensington & Chelsea and viewing is now only available in Epsom, Surrey. Test drives can be arranged prior to the end of the auction. It has a CD player and a CB radio both of which need repairing.

Now, is it me, or does £68 for wheel balancing, and another for wheel alignment sound over the top..... i mean, alignment on a land rover is tracking right....?????????

my old man had to have a couple of bits done at the main dealer to his newish chrsyler 300 a couple of weeks ago - replace an engine sensor and a centrifugal fuel swirl pot or something - dropped it off on Tuesday, collected on Wednesday.

the labour charge was £1300. All to make a light go out on the dash.

Regardless of prices a fair bet this is a diesel land rover and is a victim of the LEZ..... we'll see more of these

EDIT: Found it on EBAY and the seller says he is selling because of the LEZ.... but interestingly it looks like a station wagon so should be exempt.