V8 Manifolds

Also a 3.9 with cats the exhaust immediately goes to a single pipe after the manifolds, so not much benefit there.

You can try a non cat front section for a 3.9 (esr225) which does have twin pipes for about the first meter but watch out the one I ordered from my local land rover independent (from all makes 4x4 but built by Klarius ) was carp.

It was built wrong (drivers side exhaust was built for backward pointing manifold where as my disco 3.9 points straight down and my independent said the exhaust should have been for a straight down manifold).

It was also shockingly badly built with big reduction in pipe diameter on the bends and 2 -> 1 joints were done by flattening the 2 pipes in to D shapes and stuffing in to a slightly larger pipe.

Also a 3.9 with cats the exhaust immediately goes to a single pipe after the manifolds, so not much benefit there.

You can try a non cat front section for a 3.9 (esr225) which does have twin pipes for about the first meter but watch out the one I ordered from my local land rover independent (from all makes 4x4 but built by Klarius ) was carp.

It was built wrong (drivers side exhaust was built for backward pointing manifold where as my disco 3.9 points straight down and my independent said the exhaust should have been for a straight down manifold).

It was also shockingly badly built with big reduction in pipe diameter on the bends and 2 -> 1 joints were done by flattening the 2 pipes in to D shapes and stuffing in to a slightly larger pipe.

This is correct on mine I had to completely rework this exhaust.

Alas this seems to be common practice with replacement exhaust systems. IMO this is hugely restrictive.

Proper way to do it would be to sculpt the two pipes to join each other without flattening, but this would be more expensive, not as easy to weld bodge together, and of course outside of the skills of the *******s that manufacture these parts.