O.T. Securing Fire Extinguishers

stuck

Gent's,

I'm getting a little tired of the fire extinguisher in my CCV truck flying around the cabin when the going gets rough.

It's mounted in one of those cages that has a springy bit that goes around the neck.

How have you secured yours?

Looking for ideas that don't mean your truck goes up in flames whilst you try to get the extinguisher out.

Ta muchly,

Mick.

or use a old seatbelt cut to the required length & attached to secure the extinguisher in place.

rather than buy extinguishers outright, you can rent them from ChubbFire or other suppliers & get the yearly service included 7 free refills or replacements.

Find some one that can supply you a military fire extinguisher and bracket for the truck I've had mine in my 90 now for ages on the base of the seat box right in front of the passengers feet and it never moves at all-Like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-UNISSUED-ARMY-FIRE-EXTIHGUISHER-BRACKET-LANDROVER-WOLF-WIMIK-SNATCH-DEFENDER-/260980882663#ht_865wt_1374

HTH

John

or use a old seatbelt cut to the required length & attached to secure the extinguisher in place.

rather than buy extinguishers outright, you can rent them from ChubbFire or other suppliers & get the yearly service included 7 free refills or replacements.

how much is rent per year

don't know if mick is the same as me but my extinguisher has been in for 5 years and i haven't used it, (but may need a refill soon)

John's link is what I used to use- works very well!

Yeah, we've got extinguisher brackets in all the MR wagons, and they're located in the passanger footwell, suprisingly they don't get in the way that much. - and I've just bought one of those brackets off fleebay - I've been looking for one for some time!

Mav