SVA question

pugwash

Do all lights on a vehicle need to be "E" marked to pass SVA?

The answer is NO.

If the lights are e-marked then they are definitely passable. If they are not e-marked then they must be of equivalent brightness etc.

So if you have non e-marked lights you will have to prove to the examiner that they are equivalent.

FB

The answer is NO.

If the lights are e-marked then they are definitely passable. If they are not e-marked then they must be of equivalent brightness etc.

So if you have non e-marked lights you will have to prove to the examiner that they are equivalent.

FB

hey FB

that's what i understood from the SVA manual i have pirloined, but i wasn't sure. Wonder how you prove that they are of equivalent brightness- do you think a manufacturers spec sheet would do the job?

I want to replace my rear lights with LED bits sourced from the US as i just can't find a good range of LEd lights in the UK!

I anyone wants a PDF of the testers manual then let me know and i will see if i can post it somewhere.

cheers

Jim

Are the lights from over the pond DOT approved?

If so, you could possible persuade the tester than the DOT approval is of an appropriate equivalent standard to an e-mark.

yeah they are DOT approved- but i didn't know if DOT approval from the US had any relevance to the DOT in the UK?

or is DOT approved always taken to mean US DOT?

yeah they are DOT approved- but i didn't know if DOT approval from the US had any relevance to the DOT in the UK?

or is DOT approved always taken to mean US DOT?

what you do which is what wildcat do is to build the vehicle using "stock" parts. Once SVa'd they remove and change everything including the dashboard to the customers spec.

p

what sort of led lights do you want, abiot cumbersome but dont they do those 'hamburger' rear lights for commercials in LEDs option wjhich have brake or side at top indicator accross middle and side or brake at bottom??? (round)

They are called Continentals you can get them from DURITE agents last time i came across them they were about 60 quid but are very good especially if you can recess them and put some kind of guard on them

Frank