MIG welder twin guage reg operation

DrRob

New to this welding lark and need some advice from an old hand...... :ph34r:

Just got a new Argon twin guage reg and small hose adaptor (from Welders Warehouse) for my Clarke 151TE so I can ditch the disposable bottles. Got an Argon bottle from Hobbyweld.

What's the procedure for set up and operation of the system? The join between the 2 hoses seems to leak when I open the bottle valve plus no reading on left hand contents one. Right flow works.

Please help me :unsure:

Rob

Hello

usually one guage is "contents pressure" and the other is "litres per min"

obviously the contents are what they are and you want the litres per minute set to around 18 :i-m_so_happy:

if you take your mig outside and it's a tad breezy you'll have to turn it up a bit to shield the weld.

As Fozsug says argon is not really suitable for mild steel welding ideally you could do with 5% argoshield or if you get air products it would be cougar 5 ^_^

Hope that helps

Cheers

Gary

Sorry, 5% Co2/Argon........

Surely the contents guage should be working - its a brand new Hobbyweld 5 cylinder!?!? I suspect reg is dodgy....

Tony - cheers for the offer but can't come down - MrsRob is ill....see you soon though.