Disco spare RIM cover

M&S

Anyone know if they ever made a rim cover for teh TD5 like they used to with the earlier Discos?

I'd like one as my steel wheels get a lot of spray/salt etc and teh spare hung on the rear door has suffered badly over the winter for not having a cover.

Sounds a bit vain, but I prefer the look of the vehicle without the full black wheel covers though! Actually I like the look of it without a spare at all but that's just me perhaps lol.

Like this one, but for a TD5:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DISCOVERY-300-TDI-SPARE-WHEEL-COVER-/300572275018

must admit i like that type too,i know you can still get them for the disco 1 300 tdi but not sure about the td5,.

will make enquiries at our local spares man and see what he has to say.

ron.

Cheers Ron, would be appreciated if you could.

James, I'm just not keen on the full wheel covers to be honest, hence why I took mine off and sold it Might end up with one with a big red North Face decal on it though :ph34r:

:D

Just found one on an american site part number: AFZ700010MNH

Out of stock everywhere though, and I wouldn't want to pay £50 anyway.

Took a lot of finding, but I have plenty of time on my hands right now :unsure:

try haywards 4x4 at docking (norfolk) could well be lucky as they have several breakers round the back, they also do restorations so may well be able to sort one out 9 my landrover man says he cannot get hold of one although they still are available,

Don't see why you can't fit the D1 cover disc on the spare wheel asuming your wheels are 16inch.

D2s never had one and you won't get one in 18inch other than that just pull on a cheepy plastic universal cover from a supplier on e-bay same with the disc.

Thanks anyway Ron. Now I know there were some I'll find one second hand...eventually. Or I'll just crack and end up paying for a new one from James's link above :ph34r:

Teabag, they did do one for the D2. Link above. The PCD for the D1 and D2 wheels are different so a D1 cover wouldn't fit (already thought of that). I do have 16" wheels on my D2. Can't find a universal supplier for the disc type rim cover. Don't like the cheapy black pull-on covers, may as well use a bin bag :blink:

Cheers, Martin

if you can wait a couple of weeks we are going to norfolk with the tin tent, i will be happy to call in at the breakers and see what they have, (any excuse to play with landies)

• 3 weeks later...

No, didn't win them. I've painted the rim silver and it looks good for now, and only cost me a fiver :i-m_so_happy:

I'd rather not have any cover but the salt over wither sprays up and corrodes the wheel on the rear door quite quickly. Thought a cover might protect it a bit, but it's got LOADS of paint on now so might be ok. Will keep my eye out at teh Bristol show if I get, and ebay now and again. No rush, been without one for this long!

Cheers, Martin

Halfrauds used to sell an alloy wheel wax for winter use which worked quite well and was cheap. Used it on the wifes Mini alloys when we moved back to Gods country, but ran out, note to self must find something similar