Missed with the hammer now how do I fix this ??

Good evening all

Really need your help guys

I was changing the steering drop arm on my 90 and it needed a fair bit of pulling hitting etc etc to get the arm of the steering box spline

Problem is in the process of swinging back a pye bar I hit the axle breather on top of the axle and it snapped it clean off

Problem I have tho it snapped it off and left the threaded part screwed into in the axle perfectly flush so I haven't a clue how to get that out so I can replace it

Please help !!

Regards

Chris

Cheers Western !!!

Never seen them before that's great !

Just to get this right then regarding drill bit size the thread is snapped in the axle case so the hole say in the middle of the snapped thread I need to extract is say 5 mm diameter so would I say drill it with a 6 mm bit (if that makes sence )??

If you have any old files remove the handle/head and use the tapered tang of the file gently (then firmly when it won't go) tap it into the hole and unscrew the remains of the bolt. Go steady as the files are brittle but you would be surprised what you can undo.

If you snap that off you won't drill it, chisel it in a little weld over the top and drill and tape a new breather hole next to it !

Will.

If you have any old files remove the handle/head and use the tapered tang of the file gently (then firmly when it won't go) tap it into the hole and unscrew the remains of the bolt. Go steady as the files are brittle but you would be surprised what you can undo.

If you snap that off you won't drill it, chisel it in a little weld over the top and drill and tape a new breather hole next to it !

Will.

Yep that's the way to go. Or try a Phillips or like screwdriver.

Cheers guys all sorted !!

Many thanks for all the help , I tried tapping a slightly large cross head screw driver in to the hole

Then just unscrewed it nice and gently and it came out first time

Many thanks

Chris