Want "Stick On" Numberplates ?

Hybrid_From_Hell

I don't think they are road legal.

If you look at them, you can choose what is on the bottom of the stick-on plates.

But if you click on the Road Legal ones then there is no choice as the post code or company name who produced the plate has to go on there by law.

The plate has to meet BS AU 145d and last time I got a road legal plate made I had to proove I was the registered owner (produce the V5) before they would make the plate.

Just found this in their Terms & Conditions:

The Company manufacturers both UK road legal and ‘show’ registration plates. Show registration plates are manufactured and supplied for ‘off road’ use only, rally days, car shows, exhibitions and use on private land where the law does not apply. Due to stringent restrictions of trade placed upon the Company by the DVLA, all registration plates, legal or otherwise will be sold to the Purchaser on the basis of being for show use only and the Purchaser may risk prosecution if the registration plates are used on the UK highway.
:(

Nige - you're a hero!

Who cares if they're DVLA approved when they're going on a 20-year old vehicle, by the time you've got them muddy they'll look like they've been there years anyway. And I doubt very much any police officer is going to notice any minute difference between the non-legal plastic plates and the legal ones, there's only so many ways to make a number plate.

And I doubt very much any police officer is going to notice any minute difference between the non-legal plastic plates and the legal ones, there's only so many ways to make a number plate.

As an ex copper, I can tell you that most bobbies really couldn't care less whether you have CE marked number plates or not. What they are interested in is

1. Whether you have number plates at all

2. Whether they are legible

3. Whether you are in a chav-tastic nova, lowered to the MAX, with a bunch of 17 year old thieving pikeys smoking dope (a bit of a generalisation, but there you go). Then, they will use the numberplate either as something to stop you for (to have a good poke about the vehicle) or if you fail the attitude test, as another thing to knock you off for.

4. Depends on how bored they are, and whether they got any the night before. Remember, bobbies are human just like the rest of us (apart from traffic police, they are mindless automatons with a grudge against society)

3. Whether you are in a chav-tastic nova, lowered to the MAX, with a bunch of 17 year old thieving pikeys smoking dope (a bit of a generalisation, but there you go). Then, they will use the numberplate either as something to stop you for (to have a good poke about the vehicle) or if you fail the attitude test, as another thing to knock you off for.

or 3a: Whether you're in a bob-tastic Rangie, raised to the rafters, with a bunch of flowers (for the missus 'cos you spent so much time in the garage), and smoking from every leaking exhaust joint! :P

I'm appalled by such generlaisation, they are not all dope smokers, don't you realise have on them are on crack? :o