Shock mounts

Michele

I'll probably require 4 X shock mounts soon,

to fit new shocks (eye-eye mounts) to original pin-type mounts.

Like these:

RE2000.jpg

although easily sourced I would like to have some fabricated (guess if & when... <_< ).

I am just a bit worried about the metal-to-metal contact,

as with stock setup there're rubber bushes,no more with these.

Eq**pe/Scor***n sell them as well to allow fitment of long travel shocks,

I guess they work fine anyway...?

Any hint on the thickness?

Let's say 8mm?

:unsure:

Q #2:

do they have to be asimmetrical?

dscn0894.jpg

dscn1201.jpg

Yap,

but that requires different front turrets as well...

:(

Like the ones from QT....

DSC03550.JPG

DSC01186.JPG

Or they do another type which bolts to the same bolts as the steering box (part of the 3 link kit - the ones above are from the Weekender kit)

Ian

Like the ones from QT....

DSC03550.JPG

DSC01186.JPG

Or they do another type which bolts to the same bolts as the steering box (part of the 3 link kit - the ones above are from the Weekender kit)

Ian

Boys... that design looks set to collaps just by looking at it. For once someone applied the drilled for lightness idea, but on your shock mounts? Bear in mind that in dynamic situations the shock generates much bigger forces than the spring, that design cant cut it for me.

My 2p, but feel free to ignore me.

Daan

at a guess the coach bolts are M12, the through bolts are M16, having said that if its rubicon express its going to be imperial <_< punched square holes for fastners doesnt do it for me Dann, both in terms of stress riser and mechanical retention of the bolt in the event of over torque on the nut/less than perfect placement of bolt before nut is tightened... only being picky, but I just wouldnt do it like that myself

+5 Inch Procomps, reduced Bumpstops, and reloactors (Gon2Far ones) on the axle, plus longer and much softer springs meant I had to INCREASE the height of the top rear mounts :

RearSuspension067Medium.jpg

Home made rear top mounts 10mm plate plus gussets, there is a HUGE force ionvolved here, bent the Mk1s and they were 8mm plate

Also modified the angle to less severe on full drop etc, as per Steve As post of prociomps breaking, have blue polybush and modified rubbers and washers, none done as tight as nornmal to allow flex...

Suspension-Testing-014.jpg

Nige

if we're on a "give design a kicking" tip :lol:

Yes please...thanks Jez.

Michele are the fasteners on the picture meant to go on a car or are they part of the b&Q garden furniture section?

Daan

Being from Rubicon Express I may guess the go on a J**p?

It's just a pic,I could have used some other brand,but they're all "U" shaped in the end.

Dunno about fasteners!

:mellow:

Those brackets are out of a cheap set of spot lights by the look of them.

Chris why would you mount shocks infront of the springs?

Hi Daan are you qualified to comment on such matters maybe we should see some proof (hahaha)

By the way this is Shaun RFC2005. How are you keeping? Are you going this year? I'm off to RFCportugal in October Liz is meeting us there.

no messenger shooting going on :)

Im intreagued what justification is there for a pair of £225 axle mounts, are they made from something special or feature an added cup holder or two?

Jez,

Get a grip on yourself,

these are made from 'trousersdownillium plate steel' - a new and rare metal only used for manufactuer of items for the discerning cheque book 4x4er - who expects the finest laser cut logos for their money :D

Get with the times Jez, :P

Nige