110 CSW Galvanised Cappings Supplier

Hi,

I've spent the last few hours searching and hunting for info on cappings and flashings. The flashings have been easy and galv ones are not a problem to find...cappings however are proving to be a right pain!

I've got a few part numbers

one piece capping - RH MXC5968 LH MXC5969 or later version later RH LR019162 LH LR019163

two piece capping - piece one RH MWC4662 LH MWC4663 and piece 2 RH MWC3316 LH MWC3317

Basically I just want something to fit a 110 CSW that is galv but I can't seem to find a source...am I missing something or is there really a gap in this market? Happy to go second hand if that makes life easier?!

Cheers,

Adam

110 SW galv. ones are like hens teeth. 110 SW non-galv. ones are still rare, but far more findable. I found some non-galv. ones and will get them dipped. Seemed a far simpler option! Also has the benefit of being the later single-piece style.

As above 109" SW ones will fit, though there are differences in the tube hole depths etc. Nothing insurmountable, just means using different clamp bolts for the side panels - and you may have to drill a few more/fewer rivet holes.

88" ones are the right length too, though the shape at the front end would be wrong. Nothing that can't be solved with a grinder and a bit of attention to tidy up the cut edge though.

I've only seen 3 pairs of galv 110 SW cappings on ebay this year. I bought one of them and paid £150 for the pleasure.

I feel your pain having been through the same conundrum myself. Although you may be in luck with these right now: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ccbb318cc

*Kicking myself*

There was a rumour that the puma ones were galvanised as standard?

galv' ones are just over rated IMHO :rtfm:

i just replaced my non galv' one which lasted 23 years.. non galv' aren't rare, just where to look..

the ebay link above isnt for a CSW, but if your obsessed with galv' ones, buy these (below), sand blast them and get them dipped. bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt.

http://www.johncradd...tion-wagon.html

http://www.johncradd...-wa138480-.html

and like pat-pending, i have some rear cappings for sale.. ;)

hope this helps. :)

Think going by this I'll just go non-galv, can do it for around the £100 mark. Not a fan of getting them galv'd myself as the consensus seems that they will warp and £300 from ashtree seems a bit excessive (much like their other prices, guessing they must be excellent quality!)

My current ones lasted 24 years so we'll see what a new set can manage!