Insa Turbo and Recip tyres

SHAVED_GORILLA

I've just ordered some of the new Insa Turbo Special Track which I rather like the look of, as usual it will be a while before I get them though :(

specialtrack.jpg

Mine are coming from Southam Tyres aka 4site .... I guess they will do the others as well, the Special Track isn't actually shown on the website. Might be worth a call to check out prices :)

I've just ordered some of the new Insa Turbo Special Track which I rather like the look of, as usual it will be a while before I get them though :(

specialtrack.jpg

Mine are coming from Southam Tyres aka 4site .... I guess they will do the others as well, the Special Track isn't actually shown on the website. Might be worth a call to check out prices :)

I still think if you get that in a 215 it would make a superb race tyre if it wasn't so expensive in comparison to all the other race tyres...

The way racing is going now, surely the best tyre is an all terrain. Look at the AWDC website and there is discussion about rule 9a including nothing more aggressive than a mud terrain, like BORC.

Just done BORC at Seven Sisters on matador MT's. 4 miles of cat 1 tracks interspersed with 3.5 miles smooth* and quick forest breaks. Would have had miles more grip and could have gone much fasterer on AT's.

When was the last time you raced through proper rough stuff?

fitted 265 75 16 special track insa's on thurs well werth it the grip is v good. done a winch fun day then finished of with a green lane run around north wales. the tyres performed exelently on and of road. got mine from uptotheaxles.com of the shelf most sizes in stock.

kev

fitted 265 75 16 special track insa's on thurs well werth it the grip is v good. done a winch fun day then finished of with a green lane run around north wales. the tyres performed exelently on and of road. got mine from uptotheaxles.com of the shelf most sizes in stock.

kev

OT,

Where did you go Kev as I was out and about Saturday and Sunday? Also was that Baggys do?

Paul

yes it was baggy's do got another on the 1st 0ct. in corwen (ish) area

exelent winch day.

we went over wayfarers ect.

Were you in the group at the bottom of the steps as we passed? We were a camo 110, 110 crew cab and a s3. Did not have time to stop as the others were wanting to head home early.

Paul

I still think if you get that in a 215 it would make a superb race tyre if it wasn't so expensive in comparison to all the other race tyres...

All the photos I've ever seen of your cars Jules, none of the wheels are on the ground, so it probably doesn't matter what tyres are fitted? :P

The way racing is going now, surely the best tyre is an all terrain. Look at the AWDC website and there is discussion about rule 9a including nothing more aggressive than a mud terrain, like BORC.

Just done BORC at Seven Sisters on matador MT's. 4 miles of cat 1 tracks interspersed with 3.5 miles smooth* and quick forest breaks. Would have had miles more grip and could have gone much fasterer on AT's.

When was the last time you raced through proper rough stuff?

:lol::lol:

SCOR Tidworth this year that was my last race...

I found that the big boys were pushing for the faster stuff which worked in my favor so would keep my head down and go with the flow...

Scotland BORC 2004 had a 1mile section which I loved as everyone thought I would get stuck... but with the freelanders all you need to do is keep them nailed and they skim across the top of all the deep mud, how ever when we said it was becoming dangerous the scotish marshall he told us we should drive somthing stronger, anyway the next two cars rolled in the section closing it for over a hour:P

There was also a small very rough section on that round which I will never forget as loads of competitors were getting stuck in the deep ruts and could be clearly seen from the start on the other side of the valley.

As we came along the cat1 flat out we came to the deep section and strait through and out...

Robb came up to me in the pits and told me that everyone was waiting for the freelander to get stick on that section but he said he knew a SCOR racer wouldn't be held up by a few muddy rutts..I took that as a massive complement from Robb... :)