Help to megasquirting my 90 4.6l froggy

ANTOINE

Hi, again one question,

what is for you, the word "tickover" and "wot" ?? i am french and this 2 words , i don't understand , thanks

and i have buy an innovate wb sensor and his tachi for read my afr correctly, i hope this help me to understand ve table ....

and can i put it on my MS and read to ??

I will read the diagram to see if i can .....

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i want down my idle, but i don't know where is it,

so on my first map, the idle is at 1250 rpm

on my second map, the idle is at 800 rpm,

i want keep the first Nige's map, because it is better but with the idle the second

i have compared the two map, and the only diffenrece is on table ve, the setting idle is the same, and spark table too

if you can help me to down my idle, thanks

i have try with "more setting"- "idle control " and change the value "in fast idle speed" and so "warm idle speed"

hi, i want down my idle, but i don't know where is it,

so on my first map, the idle is at 1250 rpm

on my second map, the idle is at 800 rpm,

i want keep the first Nige's map, because it is better but with the idle the second

i have compared the two map, and the only diffenrece is on table ve, the setting idle is the same, and spark table too

if you can help me to down my idle, thanks

i have try with "more setting"- "idle control " and change the value "in fast idle speed" and so "warm idle speed"

i speak tickover of course

Unless the PWM valve settings are different on each map? I haven't got megatune to hand so I can't get a screenshot of where the settings are.

i have read the 2 setting, and i have don't found a difference, but i don't know if i have look the good setting .......

after, i will try to win more torque .......; i begin by spark table or ve table ??

now my tickover is beauifull,

my derivation air for oil vapor was bad, so too much air

Now this is super good

but I lack of torque, so once my roll cage will be made to position my schorckel definitely, I will proceed to get the torque and power

and congratulations to Nige that quite a card home to my engine that works perfectly

just for info if it can help someonelse,

like i have not finish my roll cage and schorkel but I have need my car, I have do this to can running,

but , more air can go in the plenium, air can pass airbox to trumpet base, so to much rpm when tickover

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1414&u=11282891'>correc10.jpg

now, not derivation in trompett base, and good tickover,

i have a innovate on the 90 (with his gauge, not connect to MS), i can read 12.5, tickover, wot, and 14 cruise, so i can say Nige map is perfect, when my schnorkel will be build (because , here my airbox take more hot air) i think i will begin to try to win more torque, but i must read again your explain

Hi, i would like to found more torque on my engine, and i have try with the TomG 's spark table, but less torque and less power for me ......

i can read the afr on a gauge, and with this table , I win 2 point : 12.5 to 14 , but not knoking and good start to (but for secuity I have burn my first Msq after, I just try to understand )

so can you confirm me: if i change the spark value, i must change the ve table to ? i think .......

I would like more torque, but i don't know what's the first i must do ?? apeace of advice ??????????

for info, i will have by a friend knock sensor, like this, I hope, I could work more easy ..............but I must read again a lot for all understand .......this is not win :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than connecting a knock sensor to MS, it's better to tune by ear.

Advancing the spark will have the effect of more power, but you will also get higher peak combustion temperatures - which can melt pistons if you're not careful.

I'm not an expert on tuning, so I can't really offer much advice on how to do this.

Or

Fit a THOR top end, much more bottom end grunt less middle and a lot less power and willingness to rev at the top end.....

??

N

I have one THOR fit end in my garage, do you think it will be better ??

You can fit knock-sensors, the 4.0 / 4.6 heads have them. They are basically a microphone.

Knock-sensing is a complicated subject, so fitting them will not help you without a bit of extra work - every engine makes different "knock" noises, and every engine makes a million other noises all the time. So, you need to amplify the signal, filter it, gate it so you're only listening for knocks when there might be one (around spark time) and then have some way of deciding what is a normal "BANG!" and what is a KNOCK.

MS has the ability to take some (processed) signal from a knock sensor and retard the ignition when the signal happens, but there's no simple route (that I know of) to get that knock signal reliably:

knock_setup.png

The best method I've seen so far is just to use a small headphone amplifier & pair of headphones and listen whilst driving / tuning. Doing it on a rolling-road / dyno might be easier for developing a spark table.

If you can hear knock with your naked ears, it's already too late.

so, I think this is again more complicated for me immediatly, why i don't live in GB ........... :(

I must read more your explain, but i don't found something clear for my little brain :moglite: (if you have link for tunning MS, but not on LR4x4 because more abbreviation or "joke" in your sentence and I can't all understand, this is not a critique but my language is to bad )

I think first I must finish my air intake , and after try to tunne correctly ..........but I try to understand the basic tuning now for the futur ( if I understand one day .......... :hysterical: )

thanks all for your help

somebody have change his 3.9 plenium to thor plenium ??? what is the difference for the engine ?? more torque? more power ? or less ???

I have one in my garage but I don't want to do the tester............but if it is necessary :stirthepot: I can :D

i think like you, i think I will try .......;later because now, this is my home first for receive some body who want come in holliday ........

I will read again, , but if I change by THOR, i must change the inlet manifold to, and what injector I must keep ?????????? because the Thor rail fuel doesn't have 2 enter or out for regulation fuel .....

or , i can keep the rail fuel HW ????? i have not again see all .............

but thanks for the info ; ) i will see that when i have the time, because i think my engine run very good, but to hight rpm for me, i prefer like you torque ; )