Help to megasquirting my 90 4.6l froggy

ANTOINE

Thor fuel rail will be fine, you just don't have a return to the tank any more.

Um, no.

The THOR rail does not have a return because the pressure regulator is in the tank (on the fuel pump), if you connect a "normal" fuel pump to the Thor rail it has no escape and will pressurise the rail to 100+psi

If you fit a Thor plenum you can *probably* keep everything else (injectors, fuel rail, inlet manifold) as they are not much different.

Hmm, I was under the impression the regulator was on the fuel rail, and worked much like any other pressure regulator, be it fluid or gas... oh well you live and learn.

The other option I suppose is to plumb the Hotwire pressure regulator in with hoses, outside of the fuel rail, then you have a return to the tank as you do now.

Hi all so I have look for THOr adaptation, and nothing is the same,

inlet manifold and fuel rail are different, and the injector emplacement is different to, so if i want change, i must all change ...........

img_2016.jpg

sorry, turn your head :D I don't know how turn the picture

The inlet manifold and injectors are not very different, look closely, it is the same casting...

yes but very different when you have the 2 manifold near ; )

it s impossible to change one parts on another, i have try all the solution .. ;)

the injectors from a thor looks the same but when you compare them you will see that the thor injectors are smaller.

i think you can swap only the injector (must modified rail fixation), but not the rail, because the manifold have different distance emplacement injector (rail out/manifold enter) .........(sorry for british explain by french guy)

• 9 months later...

Hi, I begin to try to "tune" my VE table, (i try to finish my house before use my toy)

i have use tunerstudio and the fonction "autotune", my table have be very modified to the down, but i have not put the correction ego at 0

can you confirm me if I must put the correction ego to 0 or not ??

thanks a lot

to, how work this system ? it try to go near the afr table ?? i have a NB

thanks for help

The language barrier strikes again! :unsure:

Your previous post about "autotune":

1.I think you are asking "must I set EGO correction to 0 when using auto-tune?"

The answer is NO, Autotune can only work when the EGO correction is active, and in the places where correction is happening.

Auto-tune watches the EGO correction value, when the O2 voltage crosses the set-point (~0.5v) it notes how much EGO correction % was used at that moment to get 14.7:1 mixture.

2. You are asking about AFR tables, is this within the Megasquirt settings (target AFR) or the target table in megatune / tunerstudio?

With NB you cannot use the "target AFR" table in the megasquirt ECU itself (where the ECU adjusts to the AFR table) as that requires a wideband O2 sensor.

MLVV has a target AFR table for its VE-Analyze function, it uses the same method as Auto-Tune to find EGO correction @ 14.7:1, then uses maths to adjust the fuel map to hit the target AFR.

yes, this is the biggest problem for me .......

thanks for the answer, i will try to understand what you explain, because in english and my poor language , some time this is not the same with google traduc ..........

but, thanks a lot to help me to understand MS

if you can to give me the answer for my lasted question ; ) thanks a lot,

and sorry again for my language

to i "tune" my engine with tunerstudio, not megatune, if this is important

Your previous post about "autotune":

1.I think you are asking "must I set EGO correction to 0 when using auto-tune?"

The answer is NO, Autotune can only work when the EGO correction is active, and in the places where correction is happening.

Auto-tune watches the EGO correction value, when the O2 voltage crosses the set-point (~0.5v) it notes how much EGO correction % was used at that moment to get 14.7:1 mixture.

2. You are asking about AFR tables, is this within the Megasquirt settings (target AFR) or the target table in megatune / tunerstudio?

With NB you cannot use the "target AFR" table in the megasquirt ECU itself (where the ECU adjusts to the AFR table) as that requires a wideband O2 sensor.

MLVV has a target AFR table for its VE-Analyze function, it uses the same method as Auto-Tune to find EGO correction @ 14.7:1, then uses maths to adjust the fuel map to hit the target AFR.

ok, I have understand, I think ..... :hysterical:

so , work with tunerstudio (as me) is the same that MLV or Megatune,

I will stay on Tunerstudio, because I have the french version (better for me, but not when I try to read your post and found the translator)

just, my advance table , like my precedent message #236 , affraid me, because it is up 28 ° after 2500 rpm ...........normal ??

a peace or advice , please

yes , i am worried to have too much advance,

so, this is a 4.6l, with HC piston, (tunerv8) , i don't know the compression , but i have composite gasket, and 3.9l head but cutting like the 4.6 head (dimension)

sorry i have not the real compression ratio, and sorry for the late response, again dad this week end, so I have drink to JD ; )

I think try to down my table at 30 max, to try, when i could , because now, the time is little

thanks for help

thanks for help

i will try when I have the time, and say you, the difference ; ) like this an another solution ( or peace or advise) for another person

do forget to tell me or corrige my english, for I can be better with your language

I can't see "HC pistons" on the V8Tuner website.

Do you have any information on them?

If you have the head skimmed to make it the same as 4.0/4.6, using the composite head gasket the compression (using standard pistons) should be standard (9.35:1?) and my ignition map will be fine.

I think, unless your compression is insanely high, it will be OK.

My map was done by Ian (Bull Bar Cowboy) to be quite gentle as I drove the car to Russia (bad fuel - we found 62 octane!).

I have found the message from Paul,

9.75/1

his message before my answer

"

We have a top hat linered cylinder block with crankshaft installed ready to install the conrods and pistons.
We can either install 9.35:1 CR or 9.75:1 CR Pistons
There is no cost difference however the high compression piston will provide more power and will work better with LPG if this is something you plan to install in the future.
Please confirm as soon as possible. "
you can read this is not my english language :hysterical:
and the last response
"We will install the high compression approx 9.75:1 CR pistons as advised."

• 1 month later...

Hi all, now I have found the time to do with a very good friend my schnorkel, and BMC OTA air filter

this is great,

i have win 2 point on my afr gauge, so it was to learn,

I have use tuner studio, and this is better, but, there is a but .......

the engine is beautifull in horse, but i want more torque, if you can help me, thanks

PS: when I am in WOT, lambda gauge is on 13.5 afr

• 2 weeks later...