Pre 2002 Td5 dash speakers

pux

Hello me again, I have some aft market speakers that are 14.9mm deep and have been looking at the mud stuff speaker spacers and they have some that are shallow 14mm deep. Has anyone used these and do they clear the wiper motor with after market speakers?.

Thank you

"Orgasmic Farmer"

I used the speaker grill as a template and cut a spacer out of wood and sprayed it black. Works a treat and looks fine.

Ditto ^^^

One wooden spacer (10mm) on driver side, two on pass side.

Shame you can't fit something better (bigger) in there :(

"pux"

so on the passengers side it needs a 20mm spacer?

Depends entirely on what speakers you have.

i have a set of FLI that are roughly 14.9mm deep that I had left over from an old landy.

I have an 'acoustic box' i built for this purpose. It's where a cubby box would be, so speakers face outward from the box. The 6x9s run off an amp mounted on the bulkhead behind the seats. Certainly gives plenty of dB. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I guess in total it sticks out about 4 cm in total. I thought it might be an issue but so far it has not been a problem. I travelled all round Europe with a large co-driver and he never once commented or bashed it. HOWEVER, my modified seat box means that the seats are about 3 inches further back than on a standard LR. This might make all the difference..

Hi, I guess in total it sticks out about 4 cm in total. I thought it might be an issue but so far it has not been a problem. I travelled all round Europe with a large co-driver and he never once commented or bashed it. HOWEVER, my modified seat box means that the seats are about 3 inches further back than on a standard LR. This might make all the difference..

Having thought about it a bit more it dawned on me that on aircon equipped models the aircon gubbins covers that entire area and sticks out at least as far as your speakers do and obviously they have the seats in the standard position .....

Having thought about it a bit more it dawned on me that on aircon equipped models the aircon gubbins covers that entire area and sticks out at least as far as your speakers do and obviously they have the seats in the standard position .....

When I've been in aircon-equipped Defenders I've found it tight and I'm not exactly tall. That was in a non-SW though so the lack of bulkhead in a SW might enable a few crucial inches of room.