Help With Harness

Ok so im in the middle of modifying my main harness to suit my needs. Im having to remove a lot of stuff that i dont need and therefore making it a lot smaller/neater.

I was wondering how people go about removing the big rubber bungs that go into the bulkhead. Both of them seem very tight to the point that they dont seem to want to move. Also, can these be purchased separately? I seem to remember seeing them on ebay but last time i looked couldnt see them?

post-4644-0-25937600-1360581706_thumb.jpg

When you get around to recovering the loom, I suggest that you see if you can find an alternative to the corregated split cover that is used as standard. I suffered from some rubbing between the corregations and the cables that caused a nasty short circuit. Wrap it up with loom tape (non stick insulation tape) and then put it into something else as a main cover. I ended up using a rubber water pipe as it seemed to fit the bill and offered even, flexible protection. However it has not been on for long so I cannot comment on its longevity.