Obselete part NRC5707

I'm in the process of finally fitting my re-conditioned self levelling unit to the 110. I wa going to replace the top gaiter as the old one has perished, but the part is obselete at most suppliers that even list it. Brit-Car and Paddocks list it, but cant get it. I've rung land rover and they dont have it. LRseries, craddocks and most of the others that come up on the google search have it as obselete.

Its part number NRC5707 - has anyone any idea where i could find one? Looking at the unit, i'm not 100% sure its needed anyway, but i'd like to fit it if i can find one!

Listed on

Paddock Spares -- http://www.paddockspares.com/nrc5707-self-levelling-unit-top-ball-joint-gaitor.html

Brit-car -- http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=126380

RimmerBros -- http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-NRC5707

but I see you've already been there, so not much help, my old Boge strut is at my mothers,the joints/gaiters are still on it.

I'm heading up later this week, how quick do you want it. ?

Thanks, but like i said above, Paddocks list it, but dont have it and cant get it. I'd just got off the phone to them and Britcar before posting up here.

I guess something like this might fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A6-CV-BOOT-KIT-GAITER-NEW-UNIVERSAL-STRETCH-/140325182934?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20ac085dd6

Ralph / Rich....

I'm down to Exeter and back on Friday. If the gater is ok, I can meet Ralph near Swindon and bring it to Hertfordshire. Not planning on coming past your door Rich but can meet up or you can collect from my house.

Let me know if I can help.

Neil

Have you tried Dunsfold Land Rovers? Recently I needed a rare heater resistor and although the usual retailers had it listed, no one actually had one! Someone recommended Dunsfold Land Rovers. They had it and were very friendly/helpful/efficient.

Ralph / Rich....

I'm down to Exeter and back on Friday. If the gater is ok, I can meet Ralph near Swindon and bring it to Hertfordshire. Not planning on coming past your door Rich but can meet up or you can collect from my house.

Let me know if I can help.

Neil

Thanks Neil. Only if its no hassle to you and Ralph though. Might work out easier to post it and i send Ralph the money! If this weather keeps up it might get left till next week (or later) anyway - too cold for fingers and bits of metal outside at the mo! :) (we need to meet up at some point to take a look at your overdrive).

According to a (quite old - dated 2010) Dunsfold stock list I seem to have on this PC they have 2 x NRC5707 in stock for £2.82+VAT.

Long shot that they still have them, but worth a go.

Thanks. I had a quick look on their site earlier, but nothing listed. Will be worth a phone call tomorrow though.

Thanks Neil. Only if its no hassle to you and Ralph though. Might work out easier to post it and i send Ralph the money! If this weather keeps up it might get left till next week (or later) anyway - too cold for fingers and bits of metal outside at the mo! :) (we need to meet up at some point to take a look at your overdrive).

it's OK with me, I can meet up with Neil easily in the Swindon/M4 area

Just given them a ring and they had a few in stock, so i've bought two!

Dunsfold had none.

Ralph - thanks for offering to take a look at yours - if its good, then keep it together with your unit, since if the reconditioning on mine is successful, there might be someone out there that will take the whole lot off your hands and make use of it. :)

During my searches i came across this site:

http://www.thepart.com/en/search/

type in the part number and it tells you who, out of their subscribers, has stock. The one company it brought up for this gaiter didnt have it, but it might be of use for other parts!

• 7 years later...

Hi all. If anybody’s still looking in 2020, you can use a universal replacement boot from EJ Parts & Accessories Ltd in Blackpool (ej_parts on eBay).

UNIVERSAL 20/36/33 Rubber Tie Rod End Ball Joint Dust Boot

Put the strut end on first (it’s a snug fit and doesn’t need any other fixings)

Ball Joint Cover 20_36mm.jpg

NRC5707 Alternative.jpg