RDX 'Karlin' switches

mickeyw

I've just been looking for a supplier of Carling Contura II switches, and landed up on the bay looking at Karlin switches from BoltonBits.

It appears they have had their own copies (Chinese?) commissioned of the Carling item. Billed as 'affordable', I'm not sure they're massively cheaper than the real thing, but little differences do stack up when you buy quite a few.

Can anyone offer any first hand experience of these switches? Quality of finish, 'feel' of the switch action, reliability etc?

I am not averse to buying Chinese copies, as I have found that not everything eastern is junk. My employers manufacture in Shenzen, and we are very particular about product quality.

I am well aware of the old adage 'you get what you pay for'.

The Carling switches are very robust and time proven. However being cheaper than a high end product does not automatically mean the Karlin ones are useless, hence the reason I am looking for feedback from anyone that has bought and used them.

Would also be interesting to find out if they are UK spec or US spec.

In other words do they 'press down for on' or 'press up for on'...

Every carling supplier that ive come across apart from Croytec, in this country, seem unable to supply UK spec switches...

Those are such a blatent copy :lol:

That doesn't necessarily mean they're no good Ross.

I'd be interested to know if the panel apertures are the same as the Carling items.

They don't seem to offer a Karl in version with off/on/on switching, so it's unlikely I'll buy their on/off switches in case the two brands don't match.