Time to Say Hello, Ambitious Newbie Alert.

MIKEYT88

Hello everyone thought it was about time to say hello and introduce myself as it is wet and miserable and way over due.

Quick biography, always been a series land rover nut, as a nipper had my heart set on one as my first car but as I went into the army I had all the land rovers I wanted and needed to play with. Self taught garden shed mechanic on a host of Mg’s and Healeys, and Jags. Moved back down south, in Ramsgate Kent, so a bit of a billy no mates at the moment, Have a Series 3 diesel which has now revealed itself as a pup, so with a better but still needs work replacement chassis and bulkhead from my cousin for £100. Now firmly set into a ground up restoration… what on earth have I started.

Have already christened the Landy, Pandora.

Lots of pics taken, to share, be great to make friends and contacts, local and further a field, always ready and willing to lend a hand, any excuse to get my hands dirty.

All the best MikeyT

(registered with a couple of Landy forum sites so you may see me around saying hello on there as well as at moment no idea which home is best yet)

Welcome :)

I have just ventured into the world of MG with my current restoration project;

DSCN0241.JPG

I hope I won't get my hand slapped for posting that!

I rate this forum as the best Land Rover one available, I really wish there was something similar for the MGB available.

There are a few people from Kent on here, my friend lives near Gillingham and drives around in a Series 3 when it's working, my GF also comes from that neck of the woods so I'm down that way now and again :)

Unfortunately I sold my Series 3 earlier in the year :(

Hi all, many thanks for warm welcome, have added a few pics of the last couple of weeks of project, on profile. @ old hand, looks like you got that bgt well and truly under way, still have my CGT and to finish B V8, both relegated to outside under tarps, and Series 3 chassis in garage, Landy takes priority at moment big time.

Picked myself up a Mig welder from an abandoned project that I have to learn with as theres a few jobs to do on replacement chassis before I start on it.

cheers everyone.

(pics attached - out with the mg's - in with the Landies)

post-61778-0-90863600-1368029646_thumb.jpg

post-61778-0-07002400-1368029819_thumb.jpg

Welcome, Mikey!

I hope you'll find this to be the best forum. I have used several, and this has by far the highest level of technical knowledge, aptitude and experience of the many I have frequented, and is also much more positive in its attitude than most. There are people on here who can deal with issues on the tiniest details on standard systems to the most radical of modifications.

I look forward to seeing some of your pictures of the work on your Series - it's always good to see them being rescued and restored to road going health.

Oh, and at the risk of getting told off for bringing up the taboo subject of SVA test and regs, just make sure you know the rules about the use of a second hand chassis as opposed to replacing a rotten chassis with a brand new one - the rules are very different in each case.