Chequer Plate

siearl

I have the company that quoted my that on the other comp at work so0 next time i am in the office i will post it on here. Didnt think it sounded to bad a quote. With regards to the chequer plate havre started to think how to do it as you say will probably need something behind it not sure what i could use yet

Guest diesel_jim

That really customer friendly company, Reb...RRRRebe....Rrrreeebbbbeeee......NNNGGGG>>> Rebel 4x4 (god that was hard to type! :ph34r: ) do them i think.

just measure you go to the local metal supply bloke and ask him to supply them cut to size then pop rivet on. thats what i did for my mil door bottoms anyway. was going to do the top but it made road junctions trickier! about £5 for mine.

Guest diesel_jim

I saw a company that do them, i was sure that it was rebel, but i couldn't find it on their site after i posted the link to it, maybe it was bearmach? but the top was curved all neat to fit onto the series door bottoms.

Hi

If you go down the route of buying it ready made you're probably looking at spending about 30 quid per door card, you can buy an 8x4 sheet for 45 quid, out of which you could probably do all the doors and have some left over for wingtops or something? from what i have heard if you buy it in you'll probably need to trim it anyway :)

mike

• 2 weeks later...

i bought some 2 inch closed cell insulation,(from a diy store) stuck it to the inside of the door bottom, bought a sheet of 2mm ally, (from a steel stockists) cut/fit and rivetted it to all 3 doors, it was non chequer plate, is i dont need any grip on the inside of a door panel, then applied the militarys finest paint !

cheers...