Sealing Defender headlights?

Ross, I use ordinary clear silicone sealant,Bathroom sealant, Cheap, cheerful and does what it says on the tin, Mines been sealed up like this for years, Bit of a pain to remove the bulb when the bulb is blown but it really does work all the same.

John

Throw them away and buy sealed units..... Personally I deep wade too often and got tired of cleaning out light. H4 bulbs are just not designed to seal to the housing.

There are still some modernish vehicles that have 7" round lights and they are properly sealed. The ones I use are the factory units for Hummer H2s. They use a modern bulb (9007) that is designed to seal to the housing. The other plus is that the bulb life is much longer than an H4. The light pattern is really good and they are not too expensive.

Here: http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=23781&langId=-1

I drilled ~5mm outlet holes at the bottom of the headlight...

The headlamps on my 90 have had that treatment c/o a past owner. It took me a while to work out that the bulbs shattered each time I drove it in the rain due to water droplets being blown around the inside of the headlamp bowl. Once I blocked the holes my visits to Halfrauds became less frequent.

Chris