RIP Landmark

LR NUT

The worst damage done to that car was during the recovery process.

The pinching of the roof would probably mean that the car gets prematurely scrapped. If it had been lifted by the wheels it most likely could have been repaired.

Even lifting it by the tail would have been much better.

Ultimately it is all of us that pay through our insurance premiums.

Agree with all the above comments was surprised myself late registered D2 Landmark!! Think as it was a D2 they've thought it's a right off due to the age of the car. Heard allot about cars 6years old now getting scrapped. Mind you a new front bumper,pair of wings, headlights, bonnet, radiator,front crush panel would cost the insurance £££££££'s from Land Rover. This is all the stuff that I can visibly see what about the damage underneath to the vehicle? Surely air bags would have popped also......rear doors need re painting oh and so would all the other replacement parts. Dunno how it crashed that way through a barrier as the road seems to flow other way. Least the owner and no pedestrian was hurt tho (y)

..... Dunno how it crashed that way through a barrier as the road seems to flow other way. Least the owner and no pedestrian was hurt tho (y)

Reports at the time said something about it hitting another vehicle that caused it to veer into the railings IIRC

EDIT: It hit a bus first http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22700172

Think the recovery driver must be on commission from insurance company what an absolute pratt there were plenty of waus he could have got that out of there as for H&S he took a big risk being that close to the Disco swinging on only one strap that is one hell of a weight

Think the recovery driver must be on commission from insurance company what an absolute pratt there were plenty of waus he could have got that out of there as for H&S he took a big risk being that close to the Disco swinging on only one strap that is one hell of a weight

To be fair to the driver the strap will be rated for 5 tonnes or more so well capable of lifting the Disco.. There are so many ways he could have lifted it out without causing unnecessary damage. Until the insurance companies start fining the recovery companies for mistreating the cars then nothing will change. It is just pure negligence.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were told not to close the road off again, I'd have thought most other recovery techniques would need a bit more space .... or a different recovery vehicle.

Or maybe the recovery driver wanted a part off it and thought he'd make sure it was written off?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were told not to close the road off again, I'd have thought most other recovery techniques would need a bit more space .... or a different recovery vehicle.

Or maybe the recovery driver wanted a part off it and thought he'd make sure it was written off?

If it was lifted by the tail with the straps around the chassis it would be a straight lift. When setting it down the nose would hit first but that would not be a problem because the nose was bashed anyway.