LR with Shelter/5th Wheeler... Modern Interior Design to compensate la

LR with Shelter/5th Wheeler... Modern Interior Design to compensate lack of space

-----------------------------

Hi, Folks... as you might have noticed, I am planning a solution where I can use a Landrover as Cargo, Shelter or pickup... yet the decision is not made, as the project is in a very early stage. Generally it might look something like this at the size of 20' Foot length (round about 6 metres) with slide...

post-67001-0-76470400-1374149216_thumb.gif

As combi with a trailer it could look like this:

post-67001-0-61446900-1374149286_thumb.gif

----

The question now: How to setup an interior which doesnt take lots of space, more it gives free space available ?

Couple of days ago I fell over solutions which are designed and created for "narrow spaced areas", e.g. very expensive living ground in NewYork where people cannot afford expensive sized apartements...

Ron Barth of ResourceFurniture in N.Y. is presenting some great videos about such multi-functional (or as Ron says: Transformable furniture) solutions, e.g. bunk beds, folding tables etc. ...

(More videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/resourcefurniture)

Naturally such design is very expensive. So the question: Do you know alternatives (maybe less costly but same functionally) ?

Feel free to post what you think it can help to have a comfortable life on the road, same compensating lack of space effectively.

I start (as an idea) with a great kitchen solution I like a lot... done by the designer Massimo Facchinetti...

(Rec.: Probably I cannot afford on my own, but as Idea giver its not bad at all. Very cool, isnt it ?!)

Feel free to post other products you know, bought, have experienced (in good or bad) by using it.

All ideas existing in the market from showers, bathrooms/toilettes office/working solutions to dining and sleeping solutions etc. are welcome which can be installed in a "mobile home" (Shelter, container, trailer, camper). - Tks in advance ! :-)

I like the kitchen thing in the 2nd video! The song in the background sounds like 'Chef' on Southpark!

I saw a combined Shower & Sink where the shower tray lifted up to sink height and there were taps on the feed pipe to the shower head also at sink height. The only negative of this is you will inevitably end up with pubes in your dinner!

Si

I saw a combined Shower & Sink where the shower tray lifted up to sink height and there were taps on the feed pipe to the shower head also at sink height. The only negative of this is you will inevitably end up with pubes in your dinner!

Bon appétit ! - Oh, man.... Simon, you are incorrigible, as we say in German. (Seriously: Do you have any pics or link pls ?)

No pictures of the sink-shower. It was on someones camper conversion at the Billing Show. I was 'helping' him fit an anti roll bar. If you want pictures of pubes - you'll have to find your own!

Si

I like the kitchen thing in the 2nd video! The song in the background sounds like 'Chef' on Southpark!

Si

Reminds me of a certain Steptoe and Son episode.

The stretch on the 6x6 in the pics above would most likely make it unable to meet vehicle test requirement for turning circle as axle 1 to 2 would be about 150 and to axle three well over 200 which in conjunction with the limited steering angle would cause the problem !! This same problem has resulted in quite a few stretch limo's being taken off the road in UK (same would apply thru EU ) probably standard 130 or even 6 wheel 150 would be enough of a challenge with a 5th wheel artic set up . as most LGV tractor units have a similar turning circle to a 110 . HTSH

very cool, but I suspect by the time I had learned how to set it all out the summer would have ended, not to mention the basil fawlty style sapling thrashing it would get on my fifth attempt to fold it all back in again!

... have thought that too. Needs a weekend seminare ;-) (*joking*).

Another aspect is that motsly outside you cannot clean all parts. So it might become little bit skinky during a 3-4 weeks trip... Its essential to clean all very well, otherwise this set in the car (under the bed) does not make fun. :-)

---

PS: I nearby cannot imagine, that the majority of women like that kind of setup... nowadays the expecation of having a leasure time and luxury around is very common. Only some few "country girls" probably will like that.