One shot greese installation tip...

Maverik

Just rebuilding my front axle, on my 110, passenger side done last week and as per usual I feel I only got half the sachet of 1 shot grease in due to it being awkward and bubbling back out...

So for doing the drivers side last night I took my moron hat off and put on my intellectual hat...

Problem: air wants to get out the same hole I'm putting grease into...

Solution: need a separate air hole...

Practical: all you need to do is remove one of the bolts that holds the top swivel pin down and this allows the air to escape thus stopping bubbles of air trying to come back up the filler hole.

Solved... its the first time I've actually got a whole sachet/dose of one shot into a hub without spilling a drop!

:i-m_so_happy:

Mav

If you really must use the horrible stuff the easiest way is to transfer it into a large syringe, big ones available from your local agricultural shop such as Scatts. Remove both filler and drain plugs and squirt it in through the drain hole.