Husky on Southdown Guard

Green Bob

After much searching (read months of), I've answered most of my questions re fitting a Husky at the rear using the southdown style tank guard but after pratting around for an hour or so with positioning things I'm left with one biggie:

How do you mount the winch so that it's sat central? If it's mounted in the guard itself, which it won't be, it sits in a stupid place either resulting in an off centre fairlead in the rear crossmember and also biases the load to one chassis leg than the other.

I know I'll need to (get someone else to) fabricate a mount for the winch that bolts/is welded to the guard, but I can't fathom how to do it. Many moons ago, I saw the exact mount I need in a write-up by white90 (I think), but I can't find it now that I want it. Does anyone happen to know exactly where it is?

From what I can remember it was a bit of 8mm flat plate, wider on one face than the other to suit the angle of the guard, to give level top plate to bolt the Husky too.

Plate at each end and one in the middle as a brace

On mine I offset the winch to make the fairlead in the centre as would look pants otherwise.

I've pics somewhere.............