Seven Sisters Winter Warmer

Probably not the best one to get an idea of punch challenges as the site is so big and the punches are not really run as a competition, more as something to make things a little more interesting than just driving around the access tracks. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing site and if you've got a vehicle that runs then definately go, but I don't think it would be the best intro to challenges - everything's far too relaxed for that!

Richard

Much as I respect Richard, I would have to disagree with him.

Seven Sisters J33P bash is all about introducing people to the fun off road and to the basics of competition, be it navigation, punches, SS's or MaxiTrial

For three years now it has been very succesful in doing what it is meant to do - and it is a laugh

Lewis - if you want to find out what it is like attempting punches or completing an SS then give it a go. Most of the marshals are experienced 'Challenge Types' and will be more than happy to make you life hell/help you out/show you the ropes

hey lewis,

i've been to a few 7s J33P events and i'd agree with both Dicky and Luvvers above.

As an introduction to Punch challenges then seven sisters isn't a very good example of punch events.

However as an introduction to offroading it is without compare. There are so many miles of tracks, both on and off road and their are punches which you will be able to do in any vehicle- the first time i ever went i did 60% of the punches in a bog standard rangie. the people who attend are amazingly knowledgeable and will help you out- they, and the terrain, will also push you to explore your limits (i would say the vehicles limits- but you will carp yourself on some of the drops which the vehicle will wander down!).

Oh yeah as Dave says above the social is also a good laugh too- well worth it. although you will notice a comedy split between the jeep guys and the LR guys.

if it was me i would get my arse up to 7S quick sticks, to do some driving, and then i would go to one of the CSW events!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a wonderful weekend, thanks to all who made it so. :) Shame about the rain Friday night but I am sure it built character - we were camping you see. :)

Got a few pictures, mostly not very exciting. I did get this one of James being brave in a pond known to be deep - nobody was quite sure how deep though...

post-209-1163364797_thumb.jpg

There are a couple of videos in the Video Shack too.

Chris

Hey the disco is the only one without its bonnet up!!! i guess as it was a 200tdi it just didint fit in!!

do you have a picture of DLs wagon without the winch out.......

A cracking weekend and good to catch up with you all, Gary was a brave man in the td5 disco and we also saw that Matts 110 struggled a little with the weight in the deeper ruts although on sun we took the milling machine out the back and it went much better.

Some good routes that i hadn't done up there before, so cheers Bish for taking us around them and thank you David for the opportunity to come upto the event, its good to meet/see the j33p boys in action and see what their wagons can do. a good site with some decent descents and climbs, i reckon in a couple of years i will know some of the tracks around the place!

here some of my pics:

the Bishtail:

BishSmall.jpg

Bish-rockcrawlingSmall.jpg

the mobile garage:

Matt-decentSmall.jpg

Chris on steep decent that looks typically nothing in the photo:

Chris-decentSmall.jpg

some axle twisters:

XaxleSmall.jpg

the posing stone, its there so why not:

posingstoneSmall.jpg

looked like a crackin weekend and i'm gutted to have missed it.

Couple of observations:

Luvvers in the fruity mobile is very unexpected

Lang your motor looks better and better every time there's a piccie of it- it's just a shame you can't get around to buying some paint

FULL marks to the owner of the 04 Disco- i bow down to your bravery

Mr Neale that is one lardy arsed SOB you have

Bish- nice to see you keeping up the good work- did you manage the whole weekend without breaking down?

James did you get your knob out again?

Jim,, your not the only one arsed about missing this one !! hey-ho, roll on July

Presume Gary stayed away fron the waterfall !! :P with the disco !!

In David's photos, seam a fair bit of which rope being used :lol:

I was having fun. First time I have used the 100" in serious off roading and it was the dog's dangly bits. It was interesting seeing just how far I could get over the same terrain as Dave, with no rear locker, limited articulation and lower ground clearence. The Simex made no real difference but certainly looked good...