Range Rover Classic For Sale

Mr Mitton

It is with a sad heart that I type this. My Range Rover Classic will not get the engine swop I imagined. I'm getting myself a mint condition Land Rover Discovery I with a 3.9i V8 instead. So, I have to sell the old girl. Unfortunately will not be selling through the forum, my friend, a good wheeler dealer will get me a very good price for the Range Rover Classic. May I find another Range Rover Classic again in the future.

Sheesh guys. I don't know. This decision seems much harder today than it was yesterday. I was enjoying a cup of tea earlier, just staring at the Range Rover, and then my decision, nay my logic behind, to sell just didn't make sense anymore.

Am I making a mistake to sell the RRC?

Please advise me guys. I need help.

Much appreciated.

I keep asking myself the same question about selling mine. Been off the road now over 4 years while I do mods & repairs when I can get a chance & every so often I think shall I just sell it as I don't have the time?

I then look out the window & think, that thing looks awesome! When I don't look at it, I think shall I get something family friendly that I will actually use like an un modified TD5 disco 2?

Hi there, I understand your problem. I have a heavily modded RRC, I have just got it on the road after a two year rebuild, and boy, am I happy with it. While it was off the road I got myself a disco 2 face lift metropolis. Nice car, but it just dose not have it. Whatever it is. So, in answer to your question, the disco will be for sale.

I have both and would always prefer to drive the classic, my long term plan is to replace the Disco with a late classic for daily use (the other classic doesn't get used in the winter).

A RRC will be increasing in value whereas a Disco will probably not increase at anywhere near that value.

However it's what works best for your situation.

I have both and would always prefer to drive the classic, my long term plan is to replace the Disco with a late classic for daily use (the other classic doesn't get used in the winter).

A RRC will be increasing in value whereas a Disco will probably not increase at anywhere near that value.

However it's what works best for your situation.

I restored the RRC back to original. It runs sweet. I just thought for second there that I might want another Land Rover. But, it seems I love this vehicle.

Totally agree with Bowie69, especially on the Disco attraction.

Both have near enough identical capabities, but the Disco will never take the place of the original Range Rover.

Not on the road - a discovery is an utter barge compared to a range rover (mainly down to the higher centre of gravity with the taller, steel roof, I think). I owned one of each at one point, so I speak from experience ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I understand your problem. I have a heavily modded RRC, I have just got it on the road after a two year rebuild, and boy, am I happy with it. While it was off the road I got myself a disco 2 face lift metropolis. Nice car, but it just dose not have it. Whatever it is. So, in answer to your question, the disco will be for sale.

I feel the same, I have three classics (all on the road). Common sense says sell one or two but I cant do it!

I have a 1994 soft dash 300TDI auto, a 91 300TDI manual and my favourite that I'm doing the rear floor in at the moment ,a 1989 with aMazda 3.5 turboed intercooled diesel and auto box. Ive had her quite a few years now and there isnt anything could take her place. Unforunately I've been consistently rebuilding the body area by area, year by year,its a never ending job.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You developing a cold there?

Got to love V8's.

Would agree. I have the TD5 as a daily hack but I much prefer the grumble of the V8 P38. Now it is on LPG it may get more use. Now to start rebuilding the CSK I think.