1999 TD5 90 won't start

Hi,

Just finished major work on my TD5 and it won't start.

Here are the items I changed that might have an impact:

- transfer box

- gear box

- Dual mass fly wheel

- Clutch

- Fuel pump

- Fuel filter (on the water sensor at the bottom of the filter the brown wire seem to be cut by previous owner so I fixed that)

- The battery was removed (with the 15 sec procedure) for about 3 months but the immobilizer seems to work correctly (lock = red blinking light on the dashboard + 3 warning lights and unlock = no red light + no alarm + warning light continuous for a second or two)

I did not prime the fuel filter. I did do the purge 3 times (I can hear no air being squirted any more).

As per items above I did remove a lot of wires but I did check and all seem to be connected OK.

Is there a procedure I can use to eliminate possible faults?

Should I repeat the purge procedure a few more times?

Can it be the flywheel sensor not being connected properly or not reading well the new dual mass flywheel? Would that prevent firing up?

Is it worth connecting a ODB2 reader and trying to get fault codes? (All was good before I started the work)

Thank you for any advice you might have.

Thank you for the answers.

@dave88sw: Yes, it's cranking over with no sign of firing whatsoever.

When I cleaned the bellhousing I did take the sensor off cleaned it, and put it back in quite carefully.

Again, thank you for the suggestions.

Wasn't sure if it would, but I guess you would be right. Should be totally dead if tripped :)

On a separate note, with a friends D2 last year we heard pump running, even gurgles when purging.. Wouldn't fire the engine...

Pump motor and pipes had become dislodged in the tank. Replaced with new pump and started first time after a purge.

I know you fitted a new pump, but was it of good pedigree?

And, although colour coded, did the pipes go onto the pump in the correct holes on the top of the pump?

Neil