QT Diff Guard & SUMO Bars

darthdicky

Is there supposed to be space between the two or do they normally rub?

Just fitted a front diff guard and it seems to rub around the straight ahead position. Not much but enough to make a mark on the SUMO bar. Is this likely to cause problems down the line or is it perfectly normal? Doesn't make any noise and seems to drive just the same as before.

Richard

post-71-0-86479600-1396201546_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-98799200-1396201576_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys, I've managed to tilt it forwards slightly on the ball joints which looks to have given a tiny bit of clearance - I haven't had a closer look yet as I was in my work clothes!

Bar looks straight to me, it's a standard diff and the rest of it fits the holes and mounts fine.

If others have had the same problem then I think I'll leave it as is for now and maybe take it off for the MOT if it's still touching. Doesn't seem to obstruct anything.

Richard

Mine had a similar problem, with Sumo Bars and a QT guard. I used a ratchet strap to pull the front of the guard closer to the diff pan and tightened up the bolts on the underside of the diff before releasing the strap.

It only gained about 3/4mm of clearance on the track rod but at least it doesn't catch.