Need some advice on Island 4x4

First off this isn't intended as a bash at Island 4x4

What I need to know is if they are having problems at the moment and it is worth waiting for them....

I put a request through there shopping cart system for an international shipping quote over a week ago with no reply or acknowledgement, a few days ago.... I sent them a email asking about the order and a shipping quote... still no reply

Do I persuasive or buy from someone else

My dealings with them, albeit within the UK, have always been excellent. This is one of those issues that arises time to time, where email is often not the best way to communicate, but is of course 'free' and simple to do (ignores timezones for example).

I've delt with them a bit over the last few years, always found them ok untill the last time.

Had a part they supplied fail 4 months later, rang them to find out about a warrenty claim, and I was told I'd have to return the old one fair enough.

But as I didn't want the vehicle off the road to return the old one and wait for it be sent back to there supplier for a warrenty claim I asked could they send out a replacement straight away, I was told the best thing to do was to order one on line, fair enough I thought...

But when I asked would it be sent out straight away I was told there were 400 orders in front of me and would take 'a few days to be dispatched'

When I pointed out to the gentleman that as this was a replacement part for one they had supplied that has failed in four months could they not send it out any quicker...

His response was 'there is nothing I can do about it'

Very disappointed as it then took over a week to arrive.

To the OP i very much believe if you can't contact a company before you give them money, what chance have you after you have if you have an issue.

They are only a couple of miles away from me and I get a lot of my stuff there. In fact I am going there tomorrow. They are always VERY busy. I have always had good service and have found them helpful and accomodating, although obviously its easier as I am there in person.

I cannot comment as to why email is a problem, except that in my business (furniture) we get many emails every day, probably at least a hundred, but I will bet its nothing like the volume they would get, and to deal with them is a pain in the a**e. It takes far too long to deal with them, and you know darn well that most of the time you are wasting your time. Not always because the person on the other end is a messer, but because its not possible to find out necessary information without having an exchange which takes up even MORE time.

Personally I always use the phone, although I realize time difference is problem

I ordered a rad Fromm them a while back. All went through online with an expected delivery date within about four days. A week later I email and eventually (several days later) get told it's not in stock. I think I was offered a cheaper alternative (britpart) with no apology. I said no,and then had to wait several more days for a refund. Rubbish service really.

Britcar are much better and respond to emails an awful lot quicker.

Still no contact, so I'm buying from another company.... my reasoning is if they are that slow at securing my money what happens once they have it... I might be wrong but since I'm on the other side of the world lol not interested in taking the chance or waiting for ever for parts I want to use now

If anyone is talking to them let them know they need to up there game or they will get more threads like this